Reputation beyond repute

Default 1911 Census Complete on Ancestry

...or is it?

I've had an email from Ancestry announcing that the 1911 census is now "complete and fully searchable".

So I eagerly went to the search page, clicked on the "Residence" drop down box in order to select Essex and....no Essex!!!

Typical Ancestry.

sheilastain

Hi Everyone

Had an email to say it's free to search 1911 census this weekend on Ancestry.

Sheila

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    ...or is it?

I've had an email from Ancestry announcing that the 1911 census is now "complete and fully searchable".

So I eagerly went to the search page, clicked on the "Residence" drop down box in order to select Essex and....no Essex!!!

Typical Ancestry.
    They are there. Just haven't (helpfully) added the County Names!
    I found my Gran earlier despite Staffordshire being missing.
    Simply put in Florence Williams (loads of them) and then entered Willenhall in the parish box and just she came up.
    But thats only because I knew exactly where she was.....
    All adds to the fun....

terrysfamily

Quote Originally Posted by sheilastain View Post
    Hi Everyone

Had an email to say it's free to search 1911 census this weekend on Ancestry.

Sheila
    Just taken advantage of this. Strange that there was no way of saving the original (that I could find) as a .jpeg file on my laptop. Had to use the snipping tool and save it that way. It may have let me save had I have been a member, not sure.

Really glad I'm not a member, I have seen so many glaringly obvious mistakes that others have made about my family on some trees that I'd spend most of my time sending messages telling them that they've got it all wrong.

Thanks for the heads up sheilastain

Terry

Barnzzz

At last! I sent them an email yesterday and said I'd been waiting for ages for Bristol and Somerset. They replied at 1.25am this morning, saying how much of the census was complete and they were doing their best to finish it etc. Then at dinner time I got the email saying it was all finished !!!!!!

sheilastain

Just taken advantage of this. Strange that there was no way of saving the original (that I could find) as a .jpeg file on my laptop. Had to use the snipping tool and save it that way. It may have let me save had I have been a member, not sure."
    When you view the image of the census you will see a box in the top right hand corner which says Save. Click on that and then you have the option to save a copy to your hard drive. I am not a member now so they won't allow me to save any of the images to the tree I still have on the site.
    Sheila
    Last edited by Mutley; 15-05-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Didn't include quote correctly

Famous for offering help & advice

For the Record.

None of the inmates of the Gipping home for Motherless Boys & Girls at Gipping, Suffolk have been indexed.
    They can be found at:
    County: Suffolk,
    Parish: Gipping & Old Newton
    Enumeration District: 09