Thread: Moses Cousens

Brick wall demolition expert!

Default Moses Cousens

He was born 1839 near Haverfordwest Pembrokeshire to Thomas and Sarah Couzens.

In the 1841 Census he is with his parents and sister in Johnston, Haverfordwest.
    In the 1851 Census he is with his grandmother Catharine Jinkins in Freystrop, Pembs.
    In the 1861 Census he is a boarder living in Steynton, Pembs and working as an agricultuaral labourer, and described as unmarried.

After this he vanishes.

Moses Cousins (and any variation of spelling you can think of) is a very uncommon name. If you work your way through censuses, and the civil registration indices (births, marriages and deaths) you will only find about a dozen occurences in all of England and Wales.

It is possible that he married Elizabeth Young in 1858 Jul Haverfordwest 11a 924, but as he is described as single in the 1861 census, this might be a second marriage for the Mozes Cozens who was born about 1821 in Haverfordwest, and who in the 1841 Census was living in Freystrop, and who married in 1841. This second one died in Haverfordwest in 1871 aged 51.

Any thoughts about where to go from here?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Megan, on Genes R. there is a Lady who has a Moses 'Cousins' b 1839 Johnston Pembrokeshire.

1861 has a Moses Couisns (sic) boarding with a 73 yr old widower,George Jenkins Ag Lab.at Steynton.

Do you know of this Lady?

Also two Gentlemen same stats.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Many thanks for your response and PMs. I don't know any of these, as I don't use Genes R. I shall have to have a look into this.

If you get stuck, perhaps I can contact one or more of them & forward a contact addy for you?
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Thanks for the offer, but I have decided to invest £16.95 in order to be able to send them a message.

I don't think you'll regret it Megan.
    Happy Families
    Wendy