Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marj

Ancestry is offering free 1911 Census lookup

Quote: The England & Wales 1911 Census is now complete. We've finished all the transcriptions, so you can search for your relatives just as you would in our other census records. Better yet, we're making it absolutely free* this weekend, 11th-14th May!

wendymac

Hi Marj,

Thankyou so much for your reply and what you have found I'm ever so grateful. I will try and look into a little more now if I can of Mary. I always wondered how Nellie was related to her.

I will keep you and all the other members informed if I find anything out.

Thankyou

Wendy

Hi

There is one death for a lady with the name you mention 1994 in Chorley but her full name is Ella Mary
    the only marriage i can find for a Ralph to a Wharmby in your time frame is Nellie to William,

Peanut

PETERF SHEPPARD

Mary Ralphs is almost certainly my father's nurse. My father, Geoffrey Thomas Freer Sheppard, was born in 1904, and lived at Wingates, where his father Samuel Sheppard (my paternal grandfather, who died in 1943, so I never saw him) was the vicar at the time (later at Horwich). We have, I believe, a photograph of Mary Ralphs together with my father as a child (recently discovered by my brother).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12