Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Default A lovely tribute

As those familiar with our late forum member V.Wells will remember, Vanessa was a great lover of the peregrine falcons and always commented on their nests and fledglings in this forum. I can't find the web cam online YET this year but I did receive some nice news from her son.
    The RDRN ( Red Deer River Naturalists club) are going to name a falcon after her! This is the message he received from Lynda Cartwright of the RDRN. ...

This year we have a new female as Perry passed last year in September . We have a new beginning with anew mate and everyone without a doubt wanted to in Honor of our dear friend know in chat as Birdriend ( Vanessa ) named our new female Nessa . In another language other than english her name means New Beginnings. We did not to wait for eggs to hatch incase again this year they did not, we really wanted to honor her . Your Mom has many friends on the falcon site and she will be so greatly missed
    Kris said...
    Flying high and free seems fitting.

How true

Sue

sueannbowen

How lovely - a real tribute and I cannot think of a more fitting one. That bird is awesome. Thanks for sharing Sue.

ps the webcam is running now.
    Last edited by sueannbowen; 08-05-2012 at 6:14 PM. Reason: more info

Jan1954

What a beautiful tribute to a lovely lady.

Kris said...
    Flying high and free seems fitting.
    I heartily agree.

MarkJ

A super tribute to Vanessa. We always looked forward to her mentioning the falcons and their families, so that is a brilliant nod to her.

Mark

pennydog

What a lovely tribute to a very special lady, thank you Sue for sharing it with us.

spison

This is a wonderful tribute! She would be so happy.
    Jane

JohnN

Lovely.

Mutley

Nessa, how fitting?
    Our lass would have been thrilled.
    Do please keep us updated.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I was thinking only a couple of weeks ago 'it must be peregrine time' - and then we get this wonderful news about the new bird being named for Vanessa.

For those of you who haven't got the peregrine webcam bookmarked https://www.
    rdrn.fanweb.ca/programs/ongoing_programs/peregrine_web_cam.htm

Pam

AnnB

What a wonderful way to be remembered, I can't think of anything more fitting for Vanessa

Best wishes
    Ann

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast