+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Military Birth?

Starting to feel at home
    Thanks

Post Military Birth?

How would i find the parents of a relative born while the father was serving in the Military?
    I am searching for the parents of George Wright born 1811-1813 in Guernsey and his brother Samuel born about 1814.

I have found their births but there's a note attached to the census stating the parents names are not available. Any ideas as to why and how would i find their names?

Janette

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change. Pam Downes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Janette1169 View Post
    How would i find the parents of a relative born while the father was serving in the Military?
    I am searching for the parents of George Wright born 1811-1813 in Guernsey and his brother Samuel born about 1814.

I have found their births but there's a note attached to the census stating the parents names are not available. Any ideas as to why and how would i find their names?

Janette
    I admit that I don't much about military things, but I'm thoroughly confused by that statement. Where did you see that? If a child born c 1812 had left home I wouldn't expect any (UK) census from 1841 onwards to say anything about the parents' names. confused5:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, George and Samuel's births are in the Regimental Births Index.
    To order George's birth registration from the GRO the details you need are: Place - Guernsey; year 1811; volume R.A.21; page 46
    For Samuel - Guernsey; 1814; volume R.A. 21; page 47

Pam

Starting to feel at home
    Thanks

My mistake it meant to say his birth record not census, my apologies. But thank you for that info , its much appreciated.

Janette

+ Reply to Thread