Thread: chambers

Julietta

Default chambers

this is my brickwall,

I am looking for George chambers and his wife Ann ( maiden name unknown) George was a shipwright

They had a son called Henry who immigrated to Australia in 1833 and died there in 1900 at the age of 88 yrs

which makes henry born abt 1812. on his admittance to the resthome in 1887 he says his birthplace was Deptford Kent

I cannot find a birth or bapt for Henry or any siblings or a marriage for George and Ann

Can any one help, Many thanks Julietta

Brick wall demolition expert!

The IGI has this

GEORGE CHAMBERS
    Spouse: ANN PARKHURST
    Marriage: 07 APR 1800 Dartford, Kent
    Batch M036541

Further to my previous post. Deptford to Dartford is just a few miles along the river.

The IGI only has christening records upto 1811/12 for both Deptford and Dartford so I cannot prove the connection.

I Googled Deptford Parish Records and got a lot of possible sites, you might want to do this to try to progress further.

Julietta

Dear Raphael, Many thanks for your repjy re Chambers,Have just found a family in Faversham with son George b Dec 1778
    Parents Edmund Chambers and Mary Could this be my George and how do I find the maiden name of Mary.

George was a shipwright

Many thanks Julie

There is a Edward Chambers wed to a Mary Bottle24 Feb 1772 Faversham,​ Kent,​ England Edmund could easily be transcribed as Edward.

This fits in with the baptisms for the siblings of the George you mentioned as the first sibling was baptised 1774

Jan1954

You may be interested in these Faversham baptisms, where the parents were Edmund and Mary CHAMBERS:
    Richard 3rd January 1773
    James 2nd October 1774
    George 26th October 1777
    Robert 13th December 1778

These were from Parish Register transcriptions.

These were the baptisms that I thought may be the children of the couple in #5 with Edmund maybe transcribed as Edward....right time frame and right place...

Julietta

Default Chambers

Chambers

Many thanks to the people who replied to my posting. My brick wall is crumbling, thanks to you all

Now I need the birth or bapt of Henry Chambers born abt 1811-12, son of George and Ann,,,, If Henry is the son of George Chambers and Ann parkhurst , married 1800 in Dartford-- there should be some siblings somewhere I found a daughter of this couple, Mary born 1804. Thats all I can find

I would also like to find the death and burial place of George and Ann

Namy rhanks Julie

Julietta

Am now looking for Henry Chambers birth about 1811-12 in Deptford Kent who's parents were George & Ann. George was a shipwright. Am also looking for siblings of Henry.
    Henry immigrated to Australia in 1834 and married Jane Turner in Sydney in 1838 and died in 1900 in Brisbane.
    Many thanks Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Julietta View Post
    Am now looking for Henry Chambers birth about 1811-12 in Deptford Kent who's parents were George & Ann. George was a shipwright. Am also looking for siblings of Henry.
    Henry immigrated to Australia in 1834 and married Jane Turner in Sydney in 1838 and died in 1900 in Brisbane.
    Many thanks Julie
    A copy of Henrys death cert should give you info regarding his burial..cost abt $37au
    24 November 1900 Queensland Reg Number 003231 Page number 4238

oops sorry was georges burial info you were after.