So, I have hit a brickwall in my family-research.

Unfortunatly, og fornunatly, depending on how you see it, my search came to a hault with my great-grandmother, Josephine.

My grandfather is old, and does not remember much about her, other than that her maiden-name was Josephine Clark, before she married my great-grandfather Finn Simensen, a sailor from Norway. If she had a middlename, he does not remember. My great-grandfather and Josephine met in Newcastle, and got married there after a unknow amount of time. This is why everything has stopped in this research. All I know, is her name, maybe only partially, and that she died in Kristiansand, Norway in 1963.

My grandfather is the youngest of two sons, and is born in 1941. He was not born out of wedlock, so Finn and Josephine married before that time. My grandfather presumes they were married in England, but does not know where or when. He seems to remember beeing to told that they settled for a short period of in the city of Bergen in Norway, after moving there after beeing married.

Finn and Josephine finally moved to the city of Kristiansand, where Josephine died in 1963.

This is all I know, and I know even know where to begin looking for her. Is there anyone who can guide me to a place to start in my search of finding Josephine?

Thank you.
Hanne