DonnaG

Default Hello from Dorset!

Hello everyone, I am a recent convert to Family Tree research! I am a full time carer for my 84 year old mother and she has asked me to try to find out about her family. As soon as I started looking I was hooked! So now I am looking at 3 different familys; my mother's (Peters/Frape), my father's (Williams/Trapp) and my husband's (Gibbs/Baldrey).

I have had quite an easy time on the Gibbs' side as there are some unusual names that stand out in the records as well as his great grandfather, who was a bedroom steward, sadly lost in the Titanic disaster.

Typically the other 2 trees are proving troublesome so I will post my questions in the relevent section and hopefully some of you kind souls will take pity on me and help point me in the right direction.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Donna

LittleSpark

Hi Donna and welcome to Brit-Gen

I got 'hooked' after looking at old black/white photos and wondered who the people were and wanted to find out all I could about them.
    You have your mom to point you in the right direction which will be a big help to you.

Good luck in your research - our members are experts in all fields and will hopefully be able to help you with some missing 'links'.

Sheila

glynisaddy

hi donna
    a warm welcome to the brit-gen forum
    glynis

DorothySandra

Hello Donna: I started family research for the same reason, and my mother (87) is pleased that I'm finding so many of her ancestors.

A nice side effect is that occasionally my finds will spark a memory, and she remembers stuff about her family that I've never heard before.

DonnaG

Hello everyone and thank you for such a warm welcome

I am so happy I have found this forum and look forward to getting really stuck in!!!

Donna

Liane Hawes

Hi Donna

Welcome to our little 'family'. Post them queries and we'll do our best to help, in the meantime have fun

Liane