Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LilyAllenFan86

Default Mystery of my 3x Great Grandparents

I am having a lot of trouble finding a marriage for my 3x great Grandparents William & Margaret Davies both according to census records were born in Pembrokeshire, they however moved from Pembroke to Glamorgan living in Baglan, Michaelston Lower & Briton Ferry and had a total of eight children Mary, Elizabeth, Margaret, William, Phoebe, Sarah, James & Catherine.
    In the marriage certificate of his eldest daughter Mary in 1877 to Albert Alvan Taylor it has him as a Haulier, her sister Phoebe would later marry her brother-in-law Robert Taylor.
    I have them in the following census records:
    1861 Baglan, Glamorgan
    William Davies 27 Haulier Narberth, Pembrokeshire
    Margaret (wife) 27 Roben Wooden?, Pembrokeshire
    Mary (Dau) (5) Baglan
    Elizabeth (Dau) (3) Baglan
    Margaret (Dau) (6mths) Baglan
    1871 Michaelston Lower
    William Davies 38 Rail Labourer Pembroke
    Margaret 37 Pembroke
    Mary (Dau) 15 Cwmavon
    Elizabeth (Dau) 13 Scholar "
    Margaret (dau) 11 Scholar "
    William (son) 9 Scholar "
    Phebe (Dau) 7 Scholar "
    Catherine (Dau) 2 "
    James (son) 3 "
    Sarah (Dau) 5) "
    James davies (Nephew) 19 Cwnavon Rail Labourer
    1881, 46 Regent St, Britton Ferry
    James Davies 50 Gen Lab Cwmavon
    William (son) 18 Gen Lab "
    Phoebe (Dau) 16 Gen Domestic Serv "
    Sarah (Dau) 14 Scholar "
    James (Son) 12 Scholar"

The origins of both William and Margaret before the 1861 census are also a bother to me I thought that I had William in the 1851 census living in Michaelston Super Avon, he was the right age & place of birth and also because of they are living there in the 1871 census I thought I was right but whilst doing a search on Google I found that indeed that William Davies had married someone else, so would need some real help with that and the fact that Margaret's birth place in 1851 I have tried to vary the place name but as far as I can see it doesn't exist and the fact that in her other census entries she just puts Pembrokeshire as her place of birth, I also thought that maybe the nephew James Davies would help but couldn't really find him and would really appreciate some help.

Kind Regards
    Beth

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by LilyAllenFan86
    1861 Baglan, Glamorgan

Margaret (wife) 27 Roben Wooden?, Pembrokeshire
    Robeston Wathen?

Afterthought:
    If you obtained a copy of the birth certificate of one of the children of William and Margaret, it would provide the maiden name of Margaret and thus make looking for the marriage a bit easier.... unless her name was Davies as well?