fedup

Default c1825 birth at Cape of Good Hope

Looking for help in locating the birth/baptism of Elizabeth Cocks c1826. She gives her birthplace in the 1851 and 1861 censuses as Cape of Good Hope. There is a possible entry for her in 1841 HO107; Piece: 672; Book: 10; Civil Parish: St George Bloomsbury; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 13; Folio: 16; Page: 24; Line: 9; at St George Bloomsbury, age 15, born out of County, female servant. She remained in England, and married Robert Wilson in 1849 at Ipswich.

Thanks

I see the marriage was registered Sep qtr 1849 Vol 12 page 536

Do you have this certificate? It would help to know the name of Elizabeth's father. It is not easy to find baptisms this early without knowing the location, but sometimes births were recorded in the newspapers in the format 'a daughter of Joe Bloggs was born 20 July'

Might be worth having a search of eggsa.org (put www in front)
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

fedup

No, I don't have the certificate, but am hoping to be able to identify the parish in Ipswich where they married by a trip to the Suffolk record office in the next week, using the Goons website system. Once I have found the marriage, I will check the press. I have had a look at eggsa.org, but couldn't find anything that was close enough to make me confident it was the right person.

Many thanks