Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RobinC

Default Goodger / Wedd marriage circa 1847

I am trying to find the marriage of John Goodger to Hazelelponi Wedd which I believe happened around 1847 due to the birth registration of their eldest daughter Eliza which was in the September quarter of 1847 in the Uxbridge district but I have information that she was born in Hayes (covered by Uxbridge) from census entries that I have found her in.

I cannot find anything on freebmd that even remotely matches the marriage and Ancestry doesn't seem to come up with the goods either.

Hazelelponi did use the name Elizabeth in her later years but I don't think she married under that name as the other daughters had her name as Hazelelponi on their baptism records.

Mutley

Not yet found her marriage but is this her baptism?
    Hazelelponi Wedd bapt at Bassingbourn, Cambridgeshire on 13 July 1834 dau/o Joseph, a cordwainer and Susannah. OTP

Brick wall demolition expert!

Are you sure they were married? I can't find their marriage in the Civil Registration Index (FMP has the complete set from 1837 onwards)

RobinC

I've just looked up the baptisms of Eliza & Hannah on Ancestry and they both have the parents listed as John & Hazelelponi Goodger.

Hazelelponi's baptism is the one that Mutley found but I did have this information discovered by a helpful member of the forum in another thread which I can't find.

I don't know if they were married or not but they appear in several censuses together.

Mutley

I cannot find it amongst all the possible mis-transcriptions of both their names

Robin, for the benefit of other members searching I think you have most of the other information regarding the family,
    'tis just the marriage that you are missing. But to help others...
    Hazelelponi was baptised in Cambridgeshire 1834.
    Elder daughter Eliza's baptism was in 1848 in Hayes, Hillingdon Middx
    They lived on Frog Island, Rainham in 1851.

I think I can see her in 1841, do you have that?

RobinC

I have got all of the other information except for the marriage.

I've just had a look and can't see Hazelelponi in 1841.

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I have got all of the other information except for the marriage.

I've just had a look and can't see Hazelelponi in 1841.
    I've closed the window now.
    I think she was on her own and as Elizabeth not as Hazelelponi - in Cambridgeshire... The site I used does not save searches sorry

RobinC

I can't find her on Ancestry but I have her baptIsm year was 1824 not 1834.

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I can't find her on Ancestry but I have her baptIsm year was 1824 not 1834.
    I agree - the year of 1824 in Bassingbourn matches that held by the Cambridgeshire FHS.

By the way, it looks like Joseph and Susannah had a previous daughter of the same name (almost - it was Hazelponi) in 1820. She died in 1822 at the age of 2 and so it looks like they named their next daughter after her.

RobinC

Just to re-iterate what Mutley posted earlier, I have got all the information regarding Hazelelponi prior to and after her marriage but have no information on the marriage itself if it ever took place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast