annabel

Default Two Edward William Frickers

I have been trying for some time to find out what became of Edward William Fricker. I thought I had him but I have discovered that it was his double I found.

This is what I have from A..

born April Q 1860 in Southwark (transcribed as Frucker) to Frances and Edward William Fricker
    baptised 20th May 1860 in Lambeth
    1861 living in Southwark with parents and brother James and sister Caroline (RG9, 334, 163, 12)
    1871 living at St George, London, with parents and brother Walter (RG10, 609, 70, 26)

Thereafter he is never seen again
    He is not with his parents, or his siblings after that (apart from James in 1871 as I cant find him then either)

There is another Edward William Fricker born in 1860 but in Glos. He appears in 1861 as well so its not him.
    I thought I had a death for him in 1898 in South Africa, but after getting the will, its the one born in Glos again

Can anyone find anything else about him

Mutley

Sorry, I cannot find him for sure there are several Edwards especially in the Electoral Rolls later on.

What I did find strange, I don't know if they are your two though.

There is a Walter born 1866, a married furniture packer living at 19 Princess Street with his widowed father
    Edward, a messenger born 1824 Wiltshire. Sounds like your two?
    RG12/348, Folio 110, Page 14
    (records held by TNA, Crown copyright)

Then there is a marriage for a Walter Boddington Vezy Fricker (born 1866) at St. Jude, Southwark on 22 Dec 1889.
    He is a furniture packer and his father is Edward Fricker, a publican.
    He married Alice Maud Mary Webb. The address was 19 Princess Street.

What I was wondering, I haven't time to continue with it tonight is where does the Boddington Vezy fit into the story?
    If they are related to your Edward could he have taken one of these other names?

And.... publican? was your Edward Snr ever a publican?

Mutley

Was Edward and Walter's grandfather named Keturah Fricker?
    Because he was a Publican at the Ship Public House, Saint Clement Danes, Westminster

1851 census
    HO107/1512 Folio 41 Page 33 (records held by TNA, Crown copyright)

annabel

Hello Mutley, thanks for looking.
    Yes the Edward you found is Edward William the father of the one I am looking for who was briefly a publican. The Vezey was a family name, his paternal grandmother's maiden name. I can only speculate on the name Boddington, but I have a reason to suspect that his mum was not always faithful during their marriage!
    Last edited by annabel; 29-04-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: amended text

annabel

Yes again! That was the grandmother. I have all about her and there is no Edward junior ever living with her.

I see what you mean about surnames changing, I had not thought of that. I always assumed that as his name was identical to his father, then there would be no doubt who his father was. But it is certainly a possibility. Brother James seems to have changed his name to Fricker- but that is a previous post
    Last edited by annabel; 29-04-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: added more