Thread: Stourport WW2

ginny

Default Stourport WW2

My father was posted to Stourport in April 1942 as a radio mechanic. If I have read his service record correctly he was with the 11th A.A. Div. Radio Maintenance Coy. R.A.O.C. I am trying to locate the camp where he was located. He remembers it being a typical army camp with nissen huts and located to the Bewdley side (north) of Stourport and he was was within easy reach of the River Severn. Please can anyone help?
    Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
    Ginny

AnnB

I know nothing about the R.A.O.C., but I have found they have a website at
    army.mod.uk/rlc/history/363.aspx (put www in front).

I would suggest you get in touch with them - they ought to be able to help.

Best wishes
    Ann

Mutley

I found an article on google about a Stourport couple that have just celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary.
    He was in the army, and I think stationed there, in 1942. They probably know the area if you could get in touch.
    The site is called 'The Shuttle' and does have an email for anyone wishing to make contact.

It is probably a long shot, but if all else fails then it may be worth a try.
    https://www.
    kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/local/your_community/st/stourport/9650758.Stourport_couple_celebrate_platinum_weddin g/r/?ref=rss

ginny

Thanks Ann. I will do as you suggest.
    Ginny

ginny

Thank you Mutley. The Shuttle is the local newspaper. I will try and make contact - one never knows what may happen.
    Ginny