aeracura

Default Adderson of Stretton-on-Dunsmore

Hello one and all

I have a bit of a brick wall... My 6th great grandfather was Richard Adderson or Aderson, born approximately 1750. He married a Sarah. They had three children that I know of, Sarah born 1768, Ann born 1770 and George born in 1783. I have baptism information on these three children from the warwickshire records for Ratley, but cannot find any further information on the family. I would really love to find out when and where Richard was born and Sarah's maiden name and parents for Richard or Sarah or both. If anyone can point me in any direction I'd be most grateful... (I'm in Australia so can't go searching church records myself).

~ Jo

birdlip

Hi Jo,

I could see there was a bit of a gap with this couples children, so I've been browsing......nice and warm by the fire on this cold and blustery Anzac day....I found Sarah (1768) and Ann (1770) easily enough on family search, baptised at Stretton upon Dunsmore. Then I found another. A new spelling for you;

Mary ADDISON bap 06 Feb 1780 Stretton upon Dunsmore (Richard and Sarah)

I couldn't see George (1783) at first, but family search has him under the name ADERSONE, then again (same date, church and parents) as ATHERSTONE;

George ATHERSTONE bap 06 April 1783 Stretton upon D, parents Richard and Sarah.

Armed with this new ATHERSTONE spelling, I found more; same church, parents Richard and Sarah;

William ATHERSTONE bap 02 Nov 1772, died a week later, 09 Nov 1772
    William ATHERSTONE bap 24 May 1774
    Hannah ATHERSTONE bap 25 May 1777

...and this, I think, is the marriage. Given the variety of spellings, I searched for A**s**n, and this came up:

Richard ALASTON m Sarah NOBLE 29 Nov 1767 Stretton upon Dunsmore, Warwickshire [M04276-1]

birdlip

Quote Originally Posted by aeracura View Post

I have baptism information on these three children from the warwickshire records for Ratley, but cannot find any further information on the family.
    Ratley?? Your title refers to Stretton on Dunsmore, Ratley is miles away.

(Just re read your post, not sure of the significance of this. I might have misunderstood you?)

aeracura

Default Thank You

I had found those with the other name, but for some reason I discounted that they were the same family because there were two births in a 9 month period I'm quite sure... I'll go over it again when I get time (I'm studying full time and not finding a lot of it lol) but thank you SO MUCH

~ Jo