Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHITMORE

gaelwyn

UPDATE!!

Been checking out NSW BDM and found out some details

birth: 2970/1886 FRASER Florence M parents Archibald and Catherine

death: 180/1907 WHITMORE Florence M parents Archibald and Catherine

birth: 322/1907 WHITMORE Lilian M parents Cecil F and Florence M

Looks like Florence passed away after Lilian's birth. Cecil had another child to Muriel Smith in 1909, then married Hannah Evans nee Mulack in 1931.

Still mulling over the confusion about his mother....can't find a death for Mary Thompson between 1882 and subsequent marriage to Mary Harris in 1888. The Thompsons as Cecil's witnesses must be relatives????

Loves to help with queries

SMH 1 Jun 1892
    Friends of Mr Frederick Whitmore invited to attend the funeral of wife Mary to move from 74 Yurong St Woolloomooloo. Buried Waverley Cemetery

Friends of Mrs Moloney, Edward Thompson and Annie Thompson…funeral of their late sister Mary Whitmore.

Friends of Mr and Mrs Bedford of Waterloo..their late beloved daughter-in-law Mary Whitmore.

NSW BDM
    885/1882 Fred R Whitmore m. Mary Thompson Sydney

641/1873 George John Bedford m. Eliza Whitmore Sydney
    2138/1866 birth Caroline J Bedford parents George/Eliza

V18481380 /95/1848 Charles Whitmore m. Eliza Conroy LV
    V18522690 38A/1852 birth George F Whitmore parents Charles/Eliza
    3251/1856 birth Mary Whitmore parents Charles/Eliza Bathurst
    4730/1858 birth Samuel Whitmore parents Charles/Eliza Bathurst

gaelwyn

Now I'm confused again :-(

Where do the Bedfords fit into this puzzle ???

Think I'll go to bed with a couple of codeines...this is doing my head in!!!!

Loves to help with queries

I am unsure which person you are looking for.

"...Marriage 1931/001994 in Newcastle : parents Frederick Richard Whitmore and ___ Harris".

"...My Cecil had a son Cecil (1909-1911) to a Muriel.....?"

I think you have the marriage certificate for 1931/001944 which is Cecil R F Whitmore m. Hannah L Evans Newcastle.

And the certificate gives Cecil's parents as Frederick Richard Whitmore and ___ Harris.
    Does that mean there is no given name for mother Harris, or is the given name indecipherable?

And witnesses are H.G THOMPSON and T. THOMPSON.

Where does this Cecil m. 1931 fit in with your interest in ""...My Cecil had a son Cecil (1909-1911) to a Muriel.....?"

gaelwyn

Quote Originally Posted by Bess View Post
    I am unsure which person you are looking for.

"...Marriage 1931/001994 in Newcastle : parents Frederick Richard Whitmore and ___ Harris".

"...My Cecil had a son Cecil (1909-1911) to a Muriel.....?"

I think you have the marriage certificate for 1931/001944 which is Cecil R F Whitmore m. Hannah L Evans Newcastle.

And the certificate gives Cecil's parents as Frederick Richard Whitmore and ___ Harris.
    Does that mean there is no given name for mother Harris, or is the given name indecipherable?

And witnesses are H.G THOMPSON and T. THOMPSON.

Where does this Cecil m. 1931 fit in with your interest in ""...My Cecil had a son Cecil (1909-1911) to a Muriel.....?"
    Hi Bess,

I was looking for Frederick R and his wife. The certificate shows a 'dash' as in __ then the name Harris. This my supposition:

Now going through all the information I've been given on this thread, I think the Harris part is wrong...looks like Frederick's mother was actually Mary THOMPSON....she died in 1892, 4yrs after Frederick married __Harris, whose 1st name is also Mary. As Frederick was young when his mum died, then he may have been confused. Possibly they had divorced!?!
    As far as Cecil and Hannah go, they had an affair while Hannah was still married!!! A daughter, Fortuna, was born in 1919. After Hannah's divorce in 1920, she and Cecil moved to Brisbane....pretended they were married!!! On the way down to Leeton area, they lived in Newcastle district and married.
    Cecil had been married previously, after wife passed, had son, Cecil to Muriel. He didn't marry again until Hannah.

Totally confusing to unravel, they have been.

Can't find birth registration for Frederick, so think he emigrated from England. Found 3 likely ones in 1861 UK census. Now just need to find when they arrived!!!

lawsue

Hi Gail,
    Did the codein clear your head? Why don't we all start again. Have you noticed that all these Whitmores are all over the place. We have, Woolloomooloo, Bathurst, Newcastle Picton Ashfield and Petersham.Not to mention Waterloo and the Bedfords. Do you know where your people would most likely have been living and start with the familiar. Bathurst, Newcastle and Picton are all very far removed from each other and then we have the inner city Whitmores. My feeling is that they would have been either city folk or country folk. I have been looking at this, this morning but it just gets more confusing. Would love to help and will when my head stops spinning.
    Cheers
    Sue

lawsue

Gail,
    Just found this, hope he is yours but may not be.....NSW state records, register of police.
    Service number;4451
    Frederick William Whitmore
    DOB 1858
    Native of England
    Date appointed; 16.5.1883
    Reel number; 3043
    Item number; 8/3252
    Also a Frederick Whitmore arrived as assisted passenger on the Nelson 1849 Port Phillip.
    Probably not yours though

Cheers
    Sue

lawsue

Post #17
    Further investigations reveal passenger on the Nelson far too old as he came at age 33 in 1849 and spent his whole life in Melbourne.
    The policeman has wrong second name. Sorry
    Sue

gaelwyn

Quote Originally Posted by lawsue View Post
    Hi Gail,
    Did the codein clear your head? Why don't we all start again. Have you noticed that all these Whitmores are all over the place. We have, Woolloomooloo, Bathurst, Newcastle Picton Ashfield and Petersham.Not to mention Waterloo and the Bedfords. Do you know where your people would most likely have been living and start with the familiar. Bathurst, Newcastle and Picton are all very far removed from each other and then we have the inner city Whitmores. My feeling is that they would have been either city folk or country folk. I have been looking at this, this morning but it just gets more confusing. Would love to help and will when my head stops spinning.
    Cheers
    Sue
    Thanks Sue, the codeine helped, hahaha

I favour the CITY Whitmores. Frederick and Mary were married in the city, Mary passed away there and Fortuna was born in Ashfield. The other Whitmores just get in the way....a pity that Fred and Cecil are favourite names :-(

Luckily I like my ex F in L or I'd be dumping them

lawsue

OK, my husbands lot were there in Waterloo,Surry Hills and Woolloomooloo at exactly the same time. Maybe they can all sort this out between them.
    We'll get there eventually...so lets dump the country folk and concentrate on the city slickers for a bit and see what turns up.
    But not today...have to get on with unimportant, mundane stuff like burning dinner again.
    There are a few Cecil Whitmore marriages in Petersham or did we already mention that. One in 1914 and another in 1939.
    Cheers
    Sue

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast