Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHITMORE

lawsue

Gail,
    Me again, last time I promise.
    Did you try the Ryerson Index. 40 odd Whitmore death and funeral notices for you to peruse.
    Sue

gaelwyn

Quote Originally Posted by lawsue View Post
    OK, my husbands lot were there in Waterloo,Surry Hills and Woolloomooloo at exactly the same time. Maybe they can all sort this out between them.
    We'll get there eventually...so lets dump the country folk and concentrate on the city slickers for a bit and see what turns up.
    But not today...have to get on with unimportant, mundane stuff like burning dinner again.
    There are a few Cecil Whitmore marriages in Petersham or did we already mention that. One in 1914 and another in 1939.
    Cheers
    Sue
    Hi Sue
    Thanks for sticking with me :-)

"MY" Cecil married Florence M Fraser 5119/1906 in Petersham.....she died 180/1907 after giving birth to Lillian M 322/1907
    His next marriage was in Newcastle in 1931.

gaelwyn

Quote Originally Posted by lawsue View Post
    Gail,
    Me again, last time I promise.
    Did you try the Ryerson Index. 40 odd Whitmore death and funeral notices for you to peruse.
    Sue
    Thanks again :-)

No-one has suggested Ryerson. I'll check it out :-)

Loves to help with queries

"..."MY" Cecil married Florence M Fraser 5119/1906 in Petersham.....she died 180/1907 after giving birth to Lillian M 322/1907
    his next marriage was in Newcastle in 1931. "

These are the two marriages?

5119/1906 Cecil F Whitmore m. Florence M Fraser Petersham
    322/1907 birth Whitmore Lilian M parents Cecil F and Florence M Sydney
    180/1907 death Whitmore Florence M parents Archibald and Jane

1994/1931 Cecil F R Whitmore m. Hannah L Evans Newcastle

Can I ask please how you have determined that this is two marriages for the same man?

Do you have death date and place for "your" Cecil Whitmore, the man who married Hannah L Evans?

Have you sighted the death certificate?

lawsue

I'll try again, posted my comments and was told I was not logged in.
    Anyway here goes again
    Are you sure that Cecil and Hannah who married in Newcastle are actually yours.
    We have Cecil marrying Florence M Fraser in 1906....she dies in 1907...we have that correct.
    Cecil then marries Edith Bennett in 1914 she dies in 1937
    Then comes Cecil marrying Elsie M Brennan in 1939.
    There can't be that many Cecil F Whitmores in a tiny suburb like Petersham all at the same time.Allthese marriages took place in Petersham.
    Do you know who the William Frederick is that died in Leeton in 1940
    Also would you consider that Frederick R Whitmore is actually William Frederick R Whitmore.
    1883 Cecil F R born to Frederick and Mary
    1886 Leslie F born to Frederick and Mary
    I tried to follow Leslie paper trail but he is just as elusive. If I can find more on him it may help sort out your Cecil
    More confused? Sorry
    Cheers
    Sue

gaelwyn

Hi Sue and Bess,

Also been trying to answer, but told not logged in :-(

By going over all the information the two of you have been able to find about Cecil Whitmore, I've come to the conclusion that I have gone along with my imagination, with flights of fantasy and not the facts. You have both helped so much, I am gobsmacked!!!

I'm sure you are right and that the other Cecils are not mine. Just trying to explain why he was in late 30's and no previous marriages :-( Please don't be too annoyed with me!!

The only truth in this matter is that Fortuna Alice Whitmore was born 6/12/1918 (confirmed by family this am) in Ashfield, NSW. Her father was Cecil Frederick Richard Whitmore, born 1883 and mother was Hannah Louisa Evans nee Mulach, born 1887 . Their other daughter was Valeria.
    Cecil and Hannah married in 1931. They lived in Brisbane for a while, as married, according to Electoral rolls!

I agree that all these Cecils cannot be the Cecil Frederick Richard I am looking for.
    His father was Frederick Richard. I'm sure his mother was Mary Thompson, who married in 1882. Other than that, I'm stumped.
    I noticed a William Frederick had died in Leeton.
    Decided to get the death certificate for Cecil who passed in 1952 as parents were Frederick and Mary.

The family have finally contacted me, so when I get some more information, then I will update and put you ladies out of your miseries, hahaha :-) My F in L has been estranged from them, so that's the reason for uncertainty.

Gratefully
    Gail

lawsue

Absolutely was not a problem. I hope you find what you are after.
    But don't forget to buy through a transcription agent. You don't need to go to the expense of a cert from BDMs. Why pay the Gov any more than necessary.They get enough already.
    Please let us know how you go and if you ever need a grave photographed in Sydney, let me know also. We did one last week for a guy in New Zealand. Great day out and was a great result. Found it straight away.
    Cheers
    Sue

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by gaelwyn View Post
    Decided to get the death certificate for Cecil who passed in 1952 as parents were Frederick and Mary.
    Hi Gail

From another recent thread where you asked about this family on electoral rolls, it looks as if the last sighting of Cecil Frederick Richard was in 1943 . . . so doesn't that make it more likely that he is the one who died in 1944? Especially as the death index lists him as Cecil Frederick R. Whitmore.

If the other chap (Cecil Frederick Whitmore) can be found on electoral rolls after 1944 then that would help sort out who was who.

gaelwyn

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    Hi Gail

From another recent thread where you asked about this family on electoral rolls, it looks as if the last sighting of Cecil Frederick Richard was in 1943 . . . so doesn't that make it more likely that he is the one who died in 1944? Especially as the death index lists him as Cecil Frederick R. Whitmore.

If the other chap (Cecil Frederick Whitmore) can be found on electoral rolls after 1944 then that would help sort out who was who.
    Thanks for that reminder, Coromandel.

I originally thought that his death was 1944 =13738/1944, but the fathers name was William Frederick.
    As the 1952 death = 29810/1952 had the fathers name as Frederick, then I thought it was correct.
    Cecil's father was Frederick Richard...no mention of William....another case of using different names??

Can I ask the transcription agent to check which is correct, then get the right one??

ps. just checked out the thread and they were in Tamworth in 1943...youngest daughter married Reg Yandell in 1942 in Tamworth....got the right one.

lawsue

Sorry Gail,
    No, you have to request what you want up front and they only search for what you asked for or rather pay for.. But by all means, send them an e-mail and ask. Certainly wouldn't hurt. Happy you are on the right track now.

Cheers
    Sue

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast