Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ruthvbailey

Hi,

Yes it is my tree on ancestory.com with the information you related. In answer to your question I was given this information by the caerphilly bereavement services. They gave me the plot number for my great grandmother at Penryheol cemetary but did not mention a plot number for thomas thomas or william thomas thomas as related by them.

I know ellen died two years previous so i am assuming that as thomas died two years later he might have moved out of a three bed room home into a bungalow by the council. This would probably be a normal course of events as my grandparents moved to senghenydd and prior to the thomas's moving to abertridwr my grandparents lived with them for well over 10 years in trethomas, but I still dont understand why they were not mentioned as informants unless they were estranged.

I have contacted the bereavement service and asked them if they knew whether the house he died in (which looks like a bungalow when a google it but this might have changed over the years) was in fact a residential or nursing home in the 1930's. I have also asked them if they felt the thomas's were buried together or not as they only mentioned the one plot when providing the original information.

Unfortunately I do not live in wales so it is difficult for me to go to glamorgan records to obtain the information I need to source. If you know of anyone who would be willing to do a check for me it would be great and probably wouldnt take too long as I have a definite address and dates. Do you know of any newspaper achives on line that I can search?

Thank you for your interest. ruth

ruthvbailey

Sorry for the delay in replying but I am in the middle of moving overseas. However, Yes the one on ancestory is mine. I have located the information from Caerphilly council and they have confirmed the above information and that both ellen and thomas were buried in the same plot. I have obtained the death certificates and they are definitely related and have my grandfather as the informant on ellens death certificate. As they were both in the same plot we can gather they are the correct family.
    My problem is now as the next census is not yet released and the electoral rolls for around 1911- 14 have been destroyed in the first world war has any one got any advise in what documents I can still get hold of which would show area of birth for my great grandparents and my grandmother whose birth certificate I still cannot locate.

thank you ruth

whdsn

Hi Ruth
    If i'm right you're are from northamptonshire looking for ancestors in Caerphilly and i'm living in Caerphilly looking for ancestors in Northanptonshire, what a small world.
    Wayne

ruthvbailey

Hi its a small world isnt it? Yes I am living in northamptonshire at least in the short term.

ruthvbailey

Hi, I thought I had answered your comment above but maybe not. I am still up against my brick wall.

I have a bit of a quandry in that I had another person contact me to advise me that william thomas thomas and Mary Jane Edwards was their relation and were married. She states "I think you must have a copy of the death certificate of my husband's great grandfather, William Thomas. He was married to Mary Jane Edwards and was inn keeper of the Doralt Inn in Henllys Cwmbran, before handing that over to his son.
    I will have a look on my tree to see if I come across a Thomas Thomas with wife Ellen. "
    I have had a look at my husband's family tree again and haven't come across a William Thomas Thomas and Ellen Thomas. However, I haven't positively identified the parents of my William Thomas who was married to Mary Jane Edwards - I am just wondering whether your (William) Thomas Thomas could be his father? What details do you have on the death certificate?
    I am sure there is no mistake in the burial of your great grandmother with your great grandfather - we have probably just made a mistake in putting this 'Thomas' jigsaw puzzle together"

As you can see from this information I am confused as my grandmother was burried in an unmarked grave supposedly with her husband according to the local council but this may now not be correct.

I hope this actually answers you question above.

ruthvbailey

I wonder if anyone can help me. This is updating the above information on my grandmother and her family.
    My grandmother is annie ellen thomas approx.1892 born in wales but not sure whether north or south after several years still cannot track her birth and a researcher has come up with the following information on her parents Thomas thomas and ellen ?? (single name unknown). The research feels the following information could be my family.

Thomas R Thomas
    Spouse: Ellen Morris
    Birth: abt 1866 - Llanidan, Caernarvonshire, Wales
    Residence: 1901 - Dyserth, Flintshire, Wales

I would like to ask if anyone out there could be related to this family as a course of elimination as we have little supporting information in regard to her siblings etc.
    If so, I would appreciate it if you could contact me and advise me accordingly.

Thank you in anticipation.

ruth

ruthvbailey

This is an update of the Thomas Thomas and Ellen Thomas brick wall.

I have the death certificate of ellen Thomas (my great grandmother) who deceased on 15/9/1934 at 12 Edwards terrace, abertridwr, sub district Eglwysilan, glamorganshire. It states that she was 71 years old so born 1863 approx. It states wife of Thomas Thomas - coal hewer. Informant William Henry Phillips - son in law which is my grandfather. So I now know this is my great grandmother.

The local council gave me a date for Thomas Thomas being deceased in 1936 with the name of William Thomas Thomas being in the same plot as my ellen, but a family on ancestory emailed me to tell me that the certificate I obtained was their relative and therefore nothing to do with me. The wife being a jane Thomas who was the informant on the death certificate.

I have been going back over the information and the death certificate of ellen and wondering where was Thomas Thomas? I suspect now that Thomas was deceased at this time otherwise why would they give him a mention in this certificate I mentioned above. Do you Know?

If he was separated from ellen or divorced do you think he would still be mentioned in the certificate? Thomas was on the electoral roll from 1917 - 1933 at 29 William street, trethomas, monthmouthshire and then no mention of him after that. This was obviously when the family moved to Abertridwr, Glamorganshire.

As their address was 29 William street, trethomas I now need to look for a death record for Thomas Thomas at this address.

The Glamorgan records have indicated that in 1933 there was no mention of the family at 12 Edwards terrace, abertridwr, Glamorganshire but in 1934 both my grandfather William Henry Phillips and my Grandmother Annie ellen Phillips (Thomas) are recorded but no ellen. Ellen died in 1934 so perhaps the electoral roll was taken after her death.

If anyone has any information or thoughts on this which may help me search this information please let me know.

I am also trying to find the last census for the following addresses:

18 Harold street, tirydail, Ammanaford - ( first born was born at this address)
    35 & 39 Margam street, caerau, glamorgamshire ( family address given by my grandmother on her first borns certificate as this being her usual address)
    29 William street, trethomas, bedwas, Monmouthshire (family home from 1917 - 1933

Any help would be appreciated.

ruthvbailey

I thought I should now give you an update. This person william Thomas Thomas is not my great grandfather. I had a reply on ancestory indicating that their relative was William Thomas Thomas and his wife's name was Mary jane Edwards and they lived in Caerphilly. How William got buried in the same plot as my great grandmother I don't understand but as this family has indicated it is their relative and there is no connection with mine. I have been told that many people from different families were actually put in the same plots at that time so it may be coincidental. I still have to find Thomas's death though.

Please remember with the electoral rolls that the forms are filled in and the list made in the year before it is published. In september 1933 the forms would go out and be filled in and returned for the electoral rolls for the following year, so they could have moved to Abertridwr in November of 1932 but would not show on the electoral rolls until 1934.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12