JudyStrachan

Default GREEN and SENIOR from near Barnsley

I'm descended from the GREEN family of Worsbrough and the SENIOR family of Carlton and Royston. Having done a lot of research over 15 years into my Green, Senior and related lines, I've now started a blog and web site so I can share information with other people. If you're interested, feel free to visit and rummage around. The blog can be found at:
    https://
    judyfamhist.wordpress.com

Nicolina

interestingly I also have a Sarah FIRTH (1837-1914) who married Thomas SCHOLES at Darfield. Their son Harry ( 1875-1970) married Ada GREEN on 19 June 1899 at Bolton on Dearne. Ada was the daughter of Henry GREEN and ELIZABETH FRANCE.
    My GREEN line stops with William GREEN born about 1805. I'd love to take the line further back but as you'll realise it isn't an easy name to research.

JudyStrachan

That's interesting - as we both have Firth and Green in the same parishes, you'd think there would be a link at some stage.

I have a William Green baptised 11 November 1804 at Worsbrough, son of John Green bleacher, but I've not yet researched him further than his baptism. It seems his mother died not long after his birth as there is an 1 September 1805 burial for Mary Green age 31 at Worsbrough, wife of John Green bleacher of King Well.

I also have Ada Green baptised 28 December 1873 at Barnsley, daughter of Joseph and Mary Anne Green, greengrocer of Barnsley. Joseph was descended from the Greens of Worsbrough. I haven't researched Ada any further. though.