Thumbs up William Mason Goswick

Hello everyone I do hope that you are all well. I am trying to find out any information on the late William Mason from Goswick Brock Mill Farm, he was married to a Eleanor Anderson she was 65 years in the 1841 census and William was 55years Ag. Lab born in county. Children Thomas aged 30 Eleanor aged 25 John aged 20 and Barbary aged 3. I am at a loss in finding out when this couple married or passed on. Any help is always appreciated thanking you very much.

Janet

Brick wall demolition expert!

IGI

WILLIAM MASON
    Christening: 07 NOV 1790 Alnwick, Northumberland
    Father: SAMUEL MASON Mother: ANN
    Batch P000071

Births Sep 1838
    MASON Barbary Sedbergh 23 499

An Alnwick birth for William fits with Goswick

Barbary age 3 must have been a grandchild as Eleanor would have been 62 and he was born in Cumbria unless there is another Barbary Mason. How do you know Eleanor's maiden name ?

Ultramum

William and Eleanor are living at East Farm, Berwick with a 17 year old niece called Eleanor in 1851

(c) National Archive
    RG number: HO107 Piece: 2421 Folio: 99 Page: 7

Hello Raffaele and Ultramum, thanks for your help regarding William Mason family, I found out Eleanor's maiden name through a very reliable source that knows the family. Thanks once again for your help.

Janet

birdlip

This baptism fits with John's age 20 (rounded down) in 1841;

John MASON b 22 May 1817, bap 25 May 1817 Presbyterian, Warenford Northumberland. Parents William Mason, Eleanor ANDERSON

birdlip

John's baptism is the only one I can see with a maiden name for Eleanor.

IGI has a few more children for this couple though ..... they moved around a bit, but all are in the same general area of Northumberland, and all are in Scotch Presbyterian churches;

Alice b 22 Jul 1808, bap 12 Aug 1808 United Presbyterian, Cheviot Street NC, Doddington, Wooler. Parents William MASON, Eleanor.
    Thomas bap 03 Mar 1811 Secession Class of Burghers Scotch Church, North Sunderland. Parents Wm MASON, Eleanor.
    Hellen b 18 May 1814, bap 22 May 1814 Presbyterian Church, Doddington, Wooler. Parents William MASON and Hellen.

Thank you both birdlip and Ultramum you have been so helpful all this helps a lot of completing this family, hope that you are all well and take care.

Janet

Hello Birdlip According to William Mason's burial 28/12/1854 aged 71 which

Hello Birdlip according to William Masons death certificate 28/112/1854 aged 71 his baptism would be 1783 still having trouble finding his baptism and marriage I now have so many CD's to look through, still no luck.

Janet