Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
Can you tell me how you connected your William BUNNING who married Jane in Stamford to the BUNNINGs of Bulwick and how you know his parents are Robert & Susanna? Is this family info passed down or do you have documentary evidence? Also what is on his marriage record to Jane - any helpful witnesses?

Janet
The William who married Jane in Stamford is the correct one without doubt as I have tracked them back through indisputable documentary evidence. The William baptised in Bulwick in 1760 is pure supposition until I can prove or disprove it. There is no suitable baptism in Stamford (I have trawled through every baptism record in the Lincolnshire Archives) and Bulwick is so close as to be a high probability. William was a roof slater and Bulwick is so small that many young men went to Stamford (the nearest large town) to seek work. The marriage took place in St Martins Baron, Stamford, which was in Northamptonshire at the time, whilst the rest of Stamford was in Lincolnshire. I live in Lincoln so have easy access to the Lincs Archives. They have the St Martins parish records on fiche, but some, including William's marriage, are very poor quality. However, I can make out that William and Jane were both 'of this parish' which doesn't help my quest. The witness names are illegible. The original at Northamptonshire Archives is the next step, when I can get there. The marriage has not yet appeared on FreeReg. Robert and Susannah are the parents of the Bulwick William as recorded in the register. All I need to do (!) is prove that the two Williams are one and the same - simples!!!