My 4xGt Grandfather was William Bunning who was baptised on 25th May 1760 in Bulwick Northamptonshire. On the baptism entry his parents are given as Robert and Susannah Bunning.

This is where I hit the brickwall!

The only marriage I can find is for Robert Bunning and Susannah Satchil (Satchel?) in Deene (the neighbouring parish to Bulwick) on 31st August 1765 - 5 years after William's birth. Not impossible I know, but the only Susannah Satchel I can find was baptised on 3rd July 1848 in Deene, which would put her at only 12 years old when William was born, unless she was baptised as a child rather than as an infant, but there is nothing on the Baptism entry to suggest this.

(By the by, the marriage of Robert & Susannah was by Licence rather than Banns - does this have any significance? Their ages for example? 17 & 19 rather than over 21)

I can't find a baptism for Robert Bunning in the area, but there is a burial in Bulwick on 4th February 1831 giving an age as 85, which would put his birth at around 1746. The right age for Susannah, but again, he would only have been 14 when William, was born.

I have trawled the Parish records in the Northants Archives and can't find any other possibles. There is a Robert Bunning listed on FamilySearch as being baptised in 1746 in Northumberland, but I haven't followed his path to see if he may be the one who ended up on Northamptonshire. My head is too sore at the moment!

Can anyone help or advise what else I might try??
Thanks.