Beth877

Talking Hello from Scotland

Hi,

I'm Beth, been doing my family tree now for two years and have found lots of new relatives and have enjoyed the journey along the way. I have been researching my mum's side in Nottinghamshire Lowe, Green, Goddard and Ortzen-Abbott. My Dad's side is all Aberdeenshire which are Stott, Ingram, Cruickshank and Calder.

Only real brick wall I have hit along the way is Daniel Green my great grandfather on my mum's side. Cant find a birth for him. Married Lily Guest nee Goddard in 1920. Marriage cert gives his father as James Green deceased. Daniel is mistranscribed as Damber on the cert and address is Mitchell St Nottingham. Cant find him before the marriage in any census. My mum thinks he could have been Irish as he was a Catholic, and he had one arm. The family ended up living in Bailey St Basford Nottingham until he died in 1958. Marriage birth date and Death birth date differs.....
    So any ideas would be appreciated.. also if anyone else is researching the names above please get in touch x

Jan1954

Hello Beth877 - welcome to Brit-Gen

Have a good look round and, as this board is just for introducing yourself, perhaps post the details of your Daniel Green query on the Brickwalls forum. Our members love a challenge!

Brick wall demolition expert!

Hi Beth and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth877 View Post
    Cant find him before the marriage in any census. My mum thinks he could have been Irish as he was a Catholic, and he had one arm.
    Came across a Daniel Joseph GREENE in the 1911 census in Nottingham, age 21. In the infirmity column it has this --> lost right arm.

Need further details from you though, such as an approximate birth date. As suggested, please do post further details of Daniel in the Brickwalls section and we can investigate further.