Kilsby

Default Hi from New Zealand

I've been doing genealogy for a few years now. Started with my Great Grandparents' Robert DURRANT & Elizabeth DOWSETT Family Bible dated 1878, the year they married in Napier NZ (both born in England).
    I enjoy the research side of things and with the internet opening up many possibilities with viewing the original sources at my desktop.
    One of my surnames is STREET which complicates things often when searching online.
    Anyway glad to have found Brit-Gen.
    Tracey

Procat

Greetings Tracey and welcome to Brit-Gen.

Ah the joys of computers and the internet when doing genealogy. Certainly beats micro-fiche for immediacy.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Welcome Tracey - you'll find this forum fantastic - really helpful people, especially for thos living in NZ.

Do you live in Napier? I've just finished reading a book about Scandanavian people immigrating to the Hawkes Bay in the 1860/70 period - great read.

Jan1954

Hello Tracey - welcome to Brit-Gen

Get yourself comfy, have a good old look round and post those queries of yours. I am sure that you will soon have answers to your questions.

Kilsby

Smile Thanks

Thanks everyone for the welcome and yes I do live in Napier, and for a change it's a beautiful day-all day.