Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tasmanian bmd

Brick wall demolition expert!

Default Tasmanian bmd

Would any member have a copy of the cd rom for Tasmanian Pioneer Index 1803-1899

Thanks.

Richard1955

Hi Valg
    Can you access here:https://www.nla.gov.au/app/eresources...&loaditem=true
    if you are a member of the library?

jac65

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1955 View Post
    Hi Valg
    Can you access here:https://www.nla.gov.au/app/eresources...&loaditem=true
    if you are a member of the library?
    It is only available onsite at the National library in Canberra,

Andy

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by valg View Post
    Would any member have a copy of the cd rom for Tasmanian Pioneer Index 1803-1899

Thanks.
    Yes - I do

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Yes - I do
    Hi procat, I have my husbands side of the family quite well researched but a couple of months ago I got an email from a researcher who thought she was searching the same family but unfortunately she had made a mistake and had "wondered" into my husbands family.

John Henry Griffiths is where she took a wrong turn as she thought he was the son of John Tilley Griffiths,(easy to understand as we have a John Henry also) her problem started by taking family info off the ColonialTasmanian Family Links which has the 2 families mixed in together!
    Anyway here goes:
    I have a copy of John Henry Griffiths N.S.W marriage cert to Mabel Blanche Reese 11 Aug 1915, he was noted as 26, father John Griffiths Butcher. mother Mary Beston.
    John Griffiths c 1854 married Mary Beston c1861 3 Feb 1880 Launceston unfortunately a marraige cert will not give a fathers name, it may or may not have witnesses.
    It is this John griffiths I need to find a birth record for. problem is I am not sure if he was born here or in the UK, my Griffiths were here from 1834.
    I also need to find records for any other children of John Griffiths and Mary Betson.
    Children registered in Tassie from 1902 have parents birth place noted I am hoping that John and Mary had a large family and had at least 1 child around 1902, Mary would have been around 41 so not impossible.
    Any help you can give would be very appreciated..cheers Val

Just joined but takes 5-10 days for card to arrive, I am no where near canberra

Procat

Hi Val

John Henry Griffiths is where she took a wrong turn as she thought he was the son of John Tilley Griffiths,(easy to understand as we have a John Henry also) her problem started by taking family info off the ColonialTasmanian Family Links which has the 2 families mixed in together!
    Anyway here goes:
    I have a copy of John Henry Griffiths N.S.W marriage cert to Mabel Blanche Reese 11 Aug 1915, he was noted as 26, father John Griffiths Butcher. mother Mary Beston.
    John Griffiths c 1854 married Mary Beston c1861 3 Feb 1880 Launceston unfortunately a marraige cert will not give a fathers name, it may or may not have witnesses.
    It is this John griffiths I need to find a birth record for. problem is I am not sure if he was born here or in the UK, my Griffiths were here from 1834.
    Unable to find his birth in Tas. Found John Tilley Griffiths on 24 June 1856.

I also need to find records for any other children of John Griffiths and Mary Betson.
    Children registered in Tassie from 1902 have parents birth place noted I am hoping that John and Mary had a large family and had at least 1 child around 1902, Mary would have been around 41 so not impossible.
    Any help you can give would be very appreciated..cheers Val
    Male Griffiths, 15 Nov 1880 Launceston Reg No 476 Rgd 33
    Male Griffiths, 4 Jan 1882, Launceston Reg No 58 Rgd 33
    Female Griffiths, 2 Jan 1885, Launceston, Reg No 52 Rgd 33
    Ileen Gertrude Griffiths, 15 Sep 1886, Launceston, Reg No 587 Rgd 33
    John Henry Griffiths, 30 June 1888, Launceston, Reg No 453 Rgd 33
    Patrick Hubert Griffiths, 24 Mar 1891, Launceston, Reg No 234 Rgd 33
    Margaret Stella Griffiths, 28 Oct 1894, Launceston, Reg No 663 Rgd 33

No more children that I could find.

Procat

There are the following John Griffiths circa your time frame born in Australia on the Ancestry indexes:

1852 son of Richard & Elizabeth, Newcastle, NSW
    1852 (John V) son of William & Jane, Braidwood, NSW
    1852 (Thomas John) son of Thomas & Ann Henrietta Cooley, New Norfolk, Tas
    1855 son of Richard & Ruth, Sydney, NSW
    1856 (Frederick John) son of John & Eliza Ann Fenley, Collingwood, Vic
    1856 son of Edward & Mary Riardon, Ballarat, Victoria
    1856 son of John & Mary Owens, Wangoom, Victoria
    1856 son of John & Elizabeth, Melbourne, Vic
    1856 son of John & Mary Jane Marshall, Strong Creek, Victoria
    1856 (John Charles) son of Charles & Maria Blanchard, Byong, Victoria
    1856 (John Charles) son of James & Harriet Nortieast, Victoria
    1856 (John Tilley) son of John Stansfield and Sarah Tilley, Richmond, Tasmania

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    There are the following John Griffiths circa your time frame born in Australia on the Ancestry indexes:

1852 son of Richard & Elizabeth, Newcastle, NSW
    1852 (John V) son of William & Jane, Braidwood, NSW
    1852 (Thomas John) son of Thomas & Ann Henrietta Cooley, New Norfolk, Tas
    1855 son of Richard & Ruth, Sydney, NSW
    1856 (Frederick John) son of John & Eliza Ann Fenley, Collingwood, Vic
    1856 son of Edward & Mary Riardon, Ballarat, Victoria
    1856 son of John & Mary Owens, Wangoom, Victoria
    1856 son of John & Elizabeth, Melbourne, Vic
    1856 son of John & Mary Jane Marshall, Strong Creek, Victoria
    1856 (John Charles) son of Charles & Maria Blanchard, Byong, Victoria
    1856 (John Charles) son of James & Harriet Nortieast, Victoria
    1856 (John Tilley) son of John Stansfield and Sarah Tilley, Richmond, Tasmania
    Thank you very much procat, John Tilley is "my" John, he married Agnes Nicols, the lady I am researching with had John Tilley on her tree as the John who married mary Betson and that is where she went wrong."My" John left Tassie by 1862 and married and raised his family in Victoria.

Just re checking info contained on Tas BMD records and note that from 1914 death certs would contain parents names.
    procat do you have access to Tasmanian death records, I am sure he would have died in Launceston as he married there and his children were all born there, in saying that his son married in NSW so maybe they left Tassie at some point,his last child was born 1894 so think deaths prob be between 1894-1935, he is not noted as deceased on his sons 1915 marriage cert,I did note Anc has several John Griffiths on the 1914 Tasmanian electoral role but my membership doesnt cover viewing the records. Would a marriage cert for John Griffiths and Mary Betson have winesses named on it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast