mtw63

Default Wren Family from Saffron Walden

My Gt Gt Gt Grandfather was born around 1793/6 in Saffron Walden, Essex.

I have found a baptism record for a James Wren to parents John & Grace in Saffron Walden in 1796.

There are other Wren's living in Saffron Walden at the time of the 1841 and later census' which I believe could be the brothers of James - Thomas, Henry & Charles.

Is anyone able to help with any info/baptism records for this family?

mtw63

So no-one can help? Am I posting this in the wrong area?

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by mtw63 View Post
    So no-one can help? Am I posting this in the wrong area?
    Hi mtw63,

You have posted in the correct area but it could be that no-one is able to help.

Is it possible for you to perhaps plan a day trip to the Essex RO in Chelmsford? The staff there are extremely helpful and the parish records could help you out.

Reputation beyond repute

The more information you provide in the question, the more likely it is to generate interest.

For example you said
    I have found a baptism record for a James Wren
    Is that your ancestor? You haven't explicitly said. Where did you find this record? Does it tie in with his marriage?

slippery

As you live in Cambridgeshire you could pay a visit to Saffron Walden Library (check opening times, a print out costs about 30p) and you will find all the info you require. From your tee on A******* I see all your relatives are from villages around Saffron Walden which the records office have.

Peter

mtw63

Thanks - I have found records on Seax which has given me the clues to the wider Wren family in Saffron Walden. I will see what I can do re Chelmsford

mtw63

Yes, James Wren was my Gt Gt Gt Grandfather. I found the record on SEAX and the birth date ties in within 3 years from other records (census/death).

mtw63

Thanks - yes I need to arrange this - I have been to Saffron Walden on a couple of occasions exploring the churches etc and will visit the library next time I visit

slippery

If they buried in Saffron Walden they may be found on this link.

https://www.
    recordinguttlesfordhistory.org.uk/ULHRdone/sw%20cemetery%20records.html

Peter
    Last edited by Jan1954; 22-04-2012 at 1:38 PM. Reason: Url edited as they sell publications. Please read the Terms of Service.