Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notlob

Default Nearly given up on finding Thomas Boud

I thought I had researched the Boud family tree correctly until I received a copy of a marriage certificate. James Boud born Manchester 1834 married Elizabeth Jackson born London Middlesex in 1835 at Manchester Cathedral. In my earlier research I had Robert Boud as being the father of James but on the marriage certificate his father is Thomas Boud. I have searched for Boud, Bond, Bowd, Boyd, Bott, Boot, Bold every configuration I can think of but cannot locate a Thomas Boud in the 1851 or 1841 census that would be from the same family. I subscribe to Ancestry and Find My Past and have also tried Online Parish Clerks and L.D.S. records without luck. If someone could help it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

Woodie

anamarja

Have you tried using the surname Booth? It's entirely feasible that that might have been a variant, given local accents.

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Where did you find James' baptism?This would show his fathers name.

Brick wall demolition expert!

What occupations are listed for James and Thomas.
    Given Elizabeth comes from London and James from Manchester could their families be travellers.

I found a number of Thomas's but none in the Manchester area

Hi

Not sure if this will help in any way but in 1841 I can find just one Thomas Boud age is 25 but as we know the age was rounded up or down to he nearest five on the 1841 censu so he may have been a bit older, BUT he is living in Wiltshire and working as a Labourer no wife with him but states he is not from the county of Wiltshire, if you look on the transcribed census he is down as Bond but if you look at the original page he is Boud

Shelagh

Notlob

I haven't found his baptism record. I got his fathers name from the marriage certificate to Elizabeth Jackson

Notlob

Hi Raffaele, James Boud's occupation was an iron molder and his son Thomas Boud born 1857 followed in his fathers footsteps. Elizabeth Jackson's father on the marriage certificate was a furrier. Elizabeth was also a furrier at 16 on the 1851 census. Their backgrounds appear to be very different so it's difficult to imagine how they met.

Notlob

Hi Shelagh, Thanks for the reply. I will follow the lead and see where it takes me. I do think Thomas Boud was not from Lancashire but of course cannot be certain. His profession on the marriage certificate is laborer so that doesn't help much.
    Regards Derek

Notlob

I have tried Booth, Bost, Bould, Boote, Boad etc etc every combination I can think of all without success. I have moved onto other letters such as Doud to try and find him. He is out there somewhere I will just have to keep digging. At least I am not on my own so thank you everyone for the help so far.

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Woodie,
    I feel you need to re-visit your sources of information which lead to this thread,and for now ignore variant spelling of the surname. You don't know when and where James was baptised so we need to know where you took this data from.Can you supply detail of marriage certificate?How did you confirm this as the relevant marriage? From Ancestry and lan-opc,Boud seems common in Liverpool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast