Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Henry Butt and Jane/Jenny Beach

Hi I am looking for info on Jane Beach born c 1758 who married Henry Butt born c 1749. I don't know where but they turn up at Houghton having children around 1785 bit I know that they had Stephen in 1780 but I don't know where as his death was in a newspaper he died in London Jan 1825. Jane died 1823 at Houghton and Henry died 1839 I don't have his death cert but I do have his Will in which he leaves his late wife's sister Martha Beach some money. Martha died in 1837 before Henry.
    I do have a list of all the children bapt at Houghton so I don't need anybody to look them up, I know from his Will that they also had a William and Mary.
    I would really like to know where the Butt and Beach families came from.

terrysfamily

Hi Michelle. as you are researching the Butts from Hampshire I just wondered if you are related to eithe of these 2 chaps ?

https://www.
    encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-victim/robert-henry-butt.html

https://www.
    encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-victim/william-john-butt.html

Terry

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Thanks Terrysfamily,
    I don't know about these two. Henry and Jenny had William ?, Mary c1778 married George Winter at Houghton ,Stephen c1780 married Sarah Shaw at Flecting Sussex, Jenny 1785 married John Collins at London, Henry 1788, James 1791 married Mary Ann Wallace at Houghton, Thomas 1794 married Anne Allen at Houghton, John 1796 married Augusta Andrews at Houghton and George 1799.
    I have got any of these other than John and Augusta on any Census so could I please ask for a look up of George and Mary Winter
    as that may give me a place of birth for her or any of the others that may have lived long enough to be recorded on a census.