Knowledgeable and helpful

Default British Newspaper library buying credits

I am having great trouble buying credits for the above I have contacted them and am waiting for a reply has anyone else had any problems. I used my card yesterday on the internet for another purchase and havent have any problems

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

You can also access Newspapers on line through Find My Past.

Hi Sue
    I have looked at this as a paying option but as I already subscribe to another provider it appears to subscribe would be more expensive even pay as you go. BL have suggested I remove files and cookes and download another browser temp. This is all a foreign language to me so I am unsure what to do next other than post something on the computer section.
    Many Thanks for your suggestion.
    Jane

MarkJ

Removing cookies is fairly simple - the basics depend on which browser you have, but usually the option is in Tools or Preferences or similar....
    Downloading another browser is simply that. If you are using Internet Explorer, then try downloading Google Chrome or Firefox and then use that browser to go to the website.

We can guide you through it if you let us know how you want to do this - e.g which browser you want to try, which operating system you use etc.

Famous for offering help & advice

The free index on FMP is quite good - eg you can key in a given name, date range and geographical area and you will be given snippet view of all the relevant hits, (sometimes with enough information in itself) To view a full record costs 5 credits. The cheapest pay as you go option is £6.95 for 60 credits. or you can have 280 credits for £24.95. If you subscribe you need the full version and this isn't available on the 2 week free trial unfortunately.

Hi All
    Thanks for all your advice my husband may look at removing my cookies for me I am terrified of the technical side of computers he is my mechanic and computer helper.
    However the good news is that I suddenly thought that I could try my husbands laptop and hey presto this worked 600 credits for £9.95 now added to my account in seconds.

MarkJ

Glad to hear you have got the credits

Hi All
    Once again thank you for your advice I will be removing my cookies etc later.
    I am so glad I only bought £9.95 as I have downloaded 36 pages and still have 100 to spend. Its already put flesh on the bones plus helped me with a problem I thought I may never solve.
    Last edited by Jane Gee; 08-03-2013 at 9:06 AM. Reason: to so thank you