terrysfamily

Default Probate look up please

Enoch Girdham Drayton in the Wills & Probate section of Anc***ry 1906

Enoch was killed in a mining accident in which his neck was broken. It took him 2 days to die.

Thanks in advance

Terry

Helen60

Enoch died 14 Nov 1906. Administration, Lincoln 9 January to Sarah Ann Drayon widow. Effects £113 6s.

Hope this helps.

Helen

terrysfamily

That helps, Thank you very much Helen.

Terry

terrysfamily

Could I be really cheeky and ask for the same for his wife Sarah Ann Drayton, age 73 in 1939 lincolnshire. I have a death date of 06 Nov 1939

Thanks in advance

Terry

Famous for offering help & advice

Sarah Ann Drayton Widow Died 6th November 1939 Lincolnshire.Probate 15th Feb to William Henry Foster,Farmer.£191 8s 4d.

terrysfamily

Thank you very much Pamela. That answers one question but throws up an even bigger one. Who on earth was William Henry Foster,Farmer?

Thank you again

Terry

Higgler

Hi Terry, Enoch Girdham and Sarah Ann Drayton were my grandparents.

terrysfamily

Hi Higgler. Nice to meet yet another family member on here.

If I have this correct Enoch Gridham Drayton was born 08 Mar 1858 in Worlaby, Lincolnshire and was baptised there about a week later. He married Sarah Ann Maddison in Worlaby (Near Bornetby), Lincolnshire on the 14th May 1890.

Enoch's parents were George Drayton and his second wife Mary Anne Girdham They married in Elsham, Lincolnshire 18 Feb 1857.

George's parents were John Drayton and Elizabeth Coulson they were married in Aylesby, Lincolnshire on the 23 May 1812.

John's parents were Edward Drayton and Elizabeth Simmons they were married in St. Peter, Bottesford, Lincolnshire on the 20 Dec 1787.

Edward Drayton was my 3 x great grandfather. Which makes Enoch Gridham 2nd cousin to my grandfather and so would make us 4th cousins.

Please let me know if I am anywhere near having this correct lol

Terry