margaret bird

Default Harry Guiseppe Laidlaw

Is there anyone out there researching Laidlaw family in London, especially descendants of the above. His father was Robert Laidlaw born Liverpool 1834. In 1857 Robert married Martha Claridge in Peterborough and then moved to London where John William1858 and Harry Guiseppe 1863 were born . Followed byIsabella(Sarah bella) b 1866 St. Albans and Flora 1868 Camberwell.
    Robert moved to macclesfield cheshire by 1871 census. Harry stayed in london as hasve marriage for him 1887 Hendon to Annie b 1859 Bromley, kent.
    he had at least 3 girls and possibly a son and was a bit of an artist, having a landscape of wimbledon common exhibited at Royal society of British artists in 1885.
    have been unable to trace Harry any further
    Margaret bird

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by margaret bird
    Is there anyone out there researching Laidlaw family in London, especially descendants of the above. His father was Robert Laidlaw born Liverpool 1834. In 1857 Robert married Martha Claridge in Peterborough and then moved to London where John William1858 and Harry Guiseppe 1863 were born . Followed byIsabella(Sarah bella) b 1866 St. Albans and Flora 1868 Camberwell.
    Robert moved to macclesfield cheshire by 1871 census. Harry stayed in london as hasve marriage for him 1887 Hendon to Annie b 1859 Bromley, kent.
    he had at least 3 girls and possibly a son and was a bit of an artist, having a landscape of wimbledon common exhibited at Royal society of British artists in 1885.
    Margaret bird
    Hi Margaret,

I'm not chasing him but in 1891 census he was at:

Source information: RG12/1050
    Registration district: Hendon
    Sub registration district: Hendon
    ED, institution, or vessel: 7a
    Folio: 86
    Page: 11

Civil parish: Hendon
    Ecclesiastical parish: All Saints
    Town:
    County: Middlesex

3 Lincoln Terrace, Finchley
    Harry Laidlaw, Head, Married, Age 28, Born St Pancras, London House Decorator
    Annie Laidlaw, Wife, Married, Age 32, Born Bromley, Kent
    Daisy Laidlaw, Daughter, Age 2, Born Hendon, Middlesex
    May Laidlaw, Daughter, Age 1, Born Hendon, Middlesex.

Regards,

Procat

Hi Margaret,

In 1901 census:

Harry Laidlaw
    Age in 1901: 38

Civil parish: Hendon
    Ecclesiatical parish: Childs Hill All Saints
    Town: Childs Hill
    County/Island: Middlesex

Source information: RG13/5336
    Registration district: Hendon
    Sub-registration district: Hendon
    ED, institution, or vessel: 15
    Folio: 88
    Page: 55
    Household schedule number: 370

4 Prospect(?) Villas
    Harry Laidlaw, Head, Married, Age 38, Born Islington, London, House Painter (own account)
    Annie Laidlaw, Wife, Married, Age 41, Born Bromley, Kent
    Daisy Laidlaw, Daughter, Single, Age 12, Born Hendon, Middlesex,
    May Laidlaw, Daughter, Single, Age 11, Born Hendon, Middlesex,
    Vera Laidlaw, Daughter, Single, Age 8, Born Hendon, Middlesex.

Same House:
    Ada Laidlaw, Head, Widow, Age 36, Born Bromley, Kent, Neeldewoman
    Frederick Laidlaw, Son, Single, Age 16, Born Notting Hill, Middlesex, Clerk R.C.H.
    Ethel Laidlaw, Daughter, Single, Age 15, Born Clapham, Middlesex, Florist (worker)
    Milly (Molly?) Laidlaw, Daughter, Single, Age 13, Born Hendon
    Sidney Laidlaw, Son, Single, Age 10, Born Hendon
    Beatrice Laidlaw, Daughter, Age 3, Born Hendon
    Mary Bailey (?ailey unsure of word), Sister, Single, Age 32, Born Camberwell, Middlesex, Perambulator Salesman (sic) (worker)

If you like I can email the 1901 census image to you about 570kb

Regards,

Procat

Margaret,

I just emailed the 1901 image to you.

If it fails to arrive let me know.

Regards,

rodt

Hi Margaret - I believe that Harry Guiseppe Laidlaw was my great-great grandfather's brother. My Aunt has a painting by him, so I was very interested to hear about him exhibiting with the Royal Society of British Artists. I'd like to swap more info if you are interested!

Best wishes
    Rod Thorn

Quote Originally Posted by margaret bird View Post
    Margaret bird