Thread: TAYLOR

Smile TAYLOR

I am trying to trace if my great grandfather James Taylor and Grandmother Jane had any more children after 1900 and before 1909 when he died. They lived in Barry Glamorgan South Wales. I have found an Alexander and a John born in 1900. Could somebody check to see if there are any more children please. I feel sure there should be a Lilian or Lillian. This could be a second name though. Thanks in advance.

Hi
    On FreeBMD there are two births. Nellie Lillian Taylor Sept. 1/4 1903 Pontypool Gwent vol 11a page 206
    Lillian Taylor Sept 1/4 Merthyr Tydfil vol 11a page 860.
    I don't know Wales at all but neither of the above places seem to be too far away from Barry. Problem is that without certificates you are not going to know if either one or none is your Lillian.
    Christina

Reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering what resource you had in mind to check.

According to FreeBMD, there are 441 TAYLOR births in the Cardiff registration district registered from 1901 to 1910. You'll have to get GRO to check for you and provide certificates where appropriate.

Default TAYLOR

Thanks for help. I don't think the Lilian Taylor's in Merthyr Tydfil and Pontypool would be the correct ones. Any children would have been registered in Cardiff. I will have to try other birth search indexes.

porthkerry

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    I am trying to trace if my great grandfather James Taylor and Grandmother Jane had any more children after 1900 and before 1909 when he died. They lived in Barry Glamorgan South Wales. I have found an Alexander and a John born in 1900. Could somebody check to see if there are any more children please. I feel sure there should be a Lilian or Lillian. This could be a second name though. Thanks in advance.
    lillian married and became a barnsley, lived in barry until her death in recent years, there are 2 sons still living,
    Alan is living with his wife in station street, barry. i have a lot of info on this family but im afraid i can't post the information here, sorry.