Thread: emvejay

emvejay

Default emvejay

Hello
    I am trying to find the first recorded year in the 1930s when my grandmother Annie or Ann Hutton moved from Peabody Buildings, Wild Street Estate in central London to live at No. 24 Packington Street, Islington. I know she was living there in 1935 as my mother was married from that address. From Islington she moved to Muswell Hill again would love to know when. Would be grateful to receive any information.
    (mikejjones AT gmail DOT com)
    Last edited by Mutley; 25-03-2012 at 5:10 PM. Reason: altered email to avoid scammers

Reputation beyond repute

Ann Hutton is listed in the the electoral register at 24 Packham Street in 1936 but not in 1935. The 1935 register was in force until October 1936. Somewhere I've got a note of the qualification date

You can search these online for yourself at Ancestry (free at your local library).

Reputation beyond repute

The qualification date was 1 June. So this suggests that she wasn't at Packham Street on 1 June 1935 but was by June 1936.

I'll leave the rest for you to look at!

emvejay

Helo Peter
    Thanks for that but the RSVP on my mothers wedding invitation dated 17th Aug 1935 definetely says Packington Street. emvejay

Reputation beyond repute

my mothers wedding invitation dated 17th Aug 1935 definetely says Packington Street
    Making allowances for my mental block about the name of the street (I don't know why I kept typing Packham instead of Packington) that's not inconsistent with what I said - not there on 1 Jun 1935, was there on 1 Jun 1936. Then as now, the electoral registers are snapshots. They don't tell us what happened in between the magic dates.

emvejay

Cheers Peter
    We all suffer with the ocassional mental aberation. They call mine a "senior moment" emvejay