Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brick wall demolition expert!

A a suggestion, what about W J COULSON, who travelled to Montreal 22 October 1909 on the ship TUNISIAN. Also travelling was a Miss S Coulson.

At the other end of the journey the passenger list has the names recorded as William Coulson, age 42 and Selina Coulson, age 35. William, a bootmaker, was destined for New Westminster.

On the Library and Archives Canada site, see image #5 of the passenger list for the TUNISAN arriving in 1909-10. Perhaps this link will take you straight there.

terrysfamily

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    William J. Coulson's age isn't shown, unfortunately. He is single, and with William J.R. Smith and Selina Eliza. Smith; he's shown as William Smith's brother-in-law.
    William J Couson had a sister Selina Elizabeth Coulson born 1873. But I can't find a marriage for her.

pennydog

Hi Terry,

The only other info is that he is a British passenger, occ. lab. and is either single or not travelling with his wife. The ship is the Scotian, and departed on 24/3/1911.

Halifax, Nova Scotia.

terrysfamily

Thank you olliecat. I don't know what Williams proffesion was. he was the son of William and Jane Coulson - nee Rands. he was born 27 May 1867 in Hibaldstow, Lincolnshire.

Thank you Pennydog, yes that's the one I found but after seeing Ollicats submission I'm not sure. Don't have any info on William re. profession so not sure which one he is.

Further to my last post, looking at the 1901 census, there was a William J COLSON, age 33, a journeyman cordwainer, living in Hibaldstow, Lincolnshire, with widowed mother Jane, age 72 and sister Selina E, age 27.

Going by the census, William J was born in abt 1868 in Hibaldstow (Glandford Brigg district). There is a birth registration for a William Jessie COULSON in 1867 in the Glandford Brigg district.

1901: Piece: 3101 Folio: 82 Page: 8 (crown copyright, care of the TNA)

Edit: cross-posted. I see you knew this part already.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by terrysfamily View Post
    William J Couson had a sister Selina Elizabeth Coulson born 1873. But I can't find a marriage for her.
    Her marriage to William Joseph R. Smith is in Ancestry's 'British Columbia, Canada, Marriage Index 1872-1935'. As usual I can't see the details, but with an educated guess at the place and trial and error with dates it seems to have been in New Westminster in 1910.

Her marriage to William Joseph R. Smith is in Ancestry's 'British Columbia, Canada, Marriage Index 1872-1935'. As usual I can't see the details, but with an educated guess at the place and trial and error with dates it seems to have been in New Westminster in 1910.

This is on Family Search (albeit the surname is transcribed as CONLSON)...

Marriage date: 25 Oct 1910
    marriage place: New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
    groom's name: William Joseph Richardson Smith
    groom's age: 28
    groom's birth date: 1882
    groom's birthplace: Beds, England
    groom's marital status: Bachelor
    groom's father's name: Robert Arthur Smith
    groom's mother's name: Ellen Flower Richardson
    bride's name: Selina Elizabeth Conlson
    bride's age: 37
    bride's birth date: 1873
    bride's birthplace: Lines, England
    bride's marital status: Spinster
    bride's father's name: William Conlson
    bride's mother's name: Jane Rands
    digital folder number: 4401576
    bc archives film number: B11382
    registration number: 3279
    banns or license: License

terrysfamily

From what you have all found I think that we have the correct family. Thank you all very much. On familysearch I have been able to find both William and Lilly's deaths, both in New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada. William 26 Apr 1921 and Lilly 28 Dec 1943.

terrysfamily

Thankl you very much olliecat, that has given me a little more to go at. Lilly Hunsley was my grandfathers cousin.

Thank you all again

Terry

BeeJay

Ancestry's Canadian Passenger List database has a "Lily ??ley" arriving on the Scandinavian in 1912. Perhaps SKS with access to Ancestry could check the image and see if it gives any other info.
    The passenger list has Lily HUNSLEY, destination New Westminster BC, To Be Married, husband Jess COLSEN Shoemaker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast