Paula Locke

Default LEODIS A PHOTOGRAPHIC ARCHIVE

I may be a bit late adding this, as I am new to the site, but I have found for those looking for information, street names, places and photos of individual houses, homes and streets of Yorkshire this is a real gem of a site to visit. I found a shop in the name of LOCKE'S did a bit of digging and it turned out to be my Grt, grt uncle's. I did not even know he existed! Now I not only have more info on him and his family, but also a lovely photo too!
    Just thought you might be interested.

Wirral

What a great site! I just wish I had ancestors from LEEDS. Thanks for posting it.

chrisj1961

That's my bible when looking for pictures of where my ancestors lived in Leeds. If you have an interest in Leeds or your rellies came from Leeds, there is a website "Secret Leeds" which is another forum but people are friendly and will help wherever possible.

Paula Locke

Thanks for that, i will certainly check it out!

RosyLady

Default Secret Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj1961 View Post
    That's my bible when looking for pictures of where my ancestors lived in Leeds. If you have an interest in Leeds or your rellies came from Leeds, there is a website "Secret Leeds" which is another forum but people are friendly and will help wherever possible.
    Just found a photo of my first school. St.Annes, where I started at 3 yrs old in 1947 Brought a tear to my eye to see it again awww

Many thanks for the link

ex Armley

Hi Paula, I have only just joined this site (wonderful I may add). I found Leodis and have found lots of old streets and the skating rink in Armley, I also found my old best friend who emigrated to NZ in 1974 and we lost touch as we were in the army in those days I lost her address when we moved and so she tried to get in touch with me but failed. It is fantastic to talk to my dear friend once again. I have found my dads shop in Town Street Armley on a pic. Just thought you might be interested in this too - Mavis