Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Witchypoo

I will be totally honest with you Peter I dont honestly know. We idnt even know he was in the army until My husbands late father had passed tis medal down to my husband.

It stated C Pryer instea of C Prior but if he could write then maybe they could explain why the wrong spelling.
    The year of birth 1853 and died in 1910

Regards

Colleen

Reputation beyond repute

If you want to take it further, it would be useful if you had an estimate of approximately when he left the army. You could work this out from census appearances and from his occupation shown on his marriage certificate and his children's birth certificates.

Then there's a possibility you might find something in one of these series at the National Archives - WO 69, WO 116, WO 121. Possibly others if I have another think about it. See the catalogue for descriptions of these series.

If you want to try the pay and muster lists there is a research guide here

You might need more than one day at Kew!

Witchypoo

Hi Peter
    I have rechecked my information and I have no census beween 1871 and 1881 occupation ag lab and one of the later certs show horseman. He married in 1883, and had a child every two years from 1884 to 1906. and He was born in Herongate East Horndon
    I dont know if they helps. I have had many a day researching but no had the opportunity at kew yet next on my list i fear

regards

Witchypoo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123