Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    olliepolly

Default Harrietts maiden name

Im looking for the maiden name and family of Harriett from Littlelea Northwich Cheshire married? to John Beesley Watchmaker from liverpool I have them in the 1861in farnworth & 1871 farnworth census then Harriet as widow in 1881 census in west derby living with daughter Jane who is married to William Williams Harriets d.o.b varies a little on the census but born about 1830'ish Also struggling to find John Beesleys correct parents Could anyone help me with the marriage maybe of harriet and john and possibly harriets parents names?
    thanks

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by olliepolly View Post
    .....Harriet as widow in 1881 census in west derby living with daughter Jane
    Lay your hands on a copy of Jane's birth certificate (or any other of Harriet & John's children) and it should provide Harriet's maiden name. This in turn, should help you to find the marriage.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Could anyone help me with the marriage maybe of harriet and john
    There is no marriage of a John Beesley to a Harriett between 1837-1861 in Cheshire. There is a marriage of a John Beasley in Great Boughton, Cheshire in 1846, but none of the possible brides is a Harriett or any variation on it. There are other possibles in other counties.

I would do as Jan1954 suggests and get a birth certificate for her child.

olliepolly

i havent been able to find marriage of harriet and john myself thats why i put it on here i thought maybe i was just missing it i cant find jane/or other childrens birth cert because i dont know mothers maiden name. Thanks for your help

Jan1954

i cant find jane/or other childrens birth cert because i dont know mothers maiden name.
    You do not need Harriet's maiden name in order to find her children's birth certificates.

Please post their names and approximate years and places of birth that you have gleaned from the censuses. Also, if you could quote the census references as you do this, it would help.

Then we can put our heads together to see who we can uncover.

olliepolly

1861 census
    John Beelsey born 1814 (not sure about this birth date think it could be later) Farnworth Lancashire
    Harriett born abt 1827 Littlelea Cheshire
    Thomas Beesley son birth about 1851 farnworth lancashire
    Jane Beesley daughter 1855 farnworth lancashire
    William Beesley son 1857 farnworth lancashire
    Elizabeth Beesley daughter 1859 farnworth lancashire

Address 62 Whitefields Yard Parish of Farnworth Lancashire

census ref
    Piece 2742
    Folio 42
    page nbr 12

Reputation beyond repute

You really do need to get birth certificates. As there are a few BEESLEY families around, you will have to get GRO to sort out the ones you need. I suggest you do this on the basis of the father's name, not the mother's. I don't think you know enough about them to be sure that Harriet is the mother of all the children.

Lizzy9

Also struggling to find John Beesleys correct parents
    This could well be John in 1841. HO107/Piece 517/Book 8/Folio 14/Page 21 (Crown copyright, in care of TNA)

Less sure of this 1851 census, but may be......HO107/Piece 2187/ Folio 249/Page 32.

Famous for offering help & advice

Does not seem to be a registration for a Jane This registration fits for the youngest:
    Dec 1858, Elizabeth BEESLEY; Prescot, 8b, 457. It would fit in with age 2 in 1861 census.

This may be John in 1851: HO107/2194/86/37 in Widnes.
    John BEESLY, unmarried, age 32, watch movement maker (same as father and brother); parents William and Ann, brother Thomas.

there seems to be a few BEESLEY men in the watchmaking business!

RonOne

Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    Does not seem to be a registration for a Jane This registration fits for the youngest:
    Dec 1858, Elizabeth BEESLEY; Prescot, 8b, 457. It would fit in with age 2 in 1861 census.
    Lancashire BMD has this birth as sub-district St Helens.

If the children were born and registered in Farnworth, the registration district should be Bolton.
    Farnworth was a sub-district of Bolton from 1837 until 1935.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast