Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    OK, well Austin is in the state of Nevada so I guess Kneebone Cemetery has a different set of bones
    Knee's as well as others!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SueNSW View Post

As his wife and eldest daughter (Eliza Ann Rundle) were both recorded as born in Austin Nevada - I wondered if this could possibly be "Harriet" on the 1880 US census
    BINGO! I went to see if I agreed with the Moss name, as I can get the US census on Ancestry, and put in Harriet Moss and Nevada. The first hit I got was a Nevada Marriage Index

Francis KNEEBONE married Harriet MOSS 24 October 1885
    "This record can be found in the marriage book at the County Courthouse located in Lander Co., NV in Volume 1 on Page 111"
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Thumbs down

Oops. In my excitement I see it's actually been transcribed as Francis KNEEBOW, but it seems too much of a coincidence not to be the same man
    Sue Mackay

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Francis KNEEBONE married Harriet MOSS 24 October 1885
    "This record can be found in the marriage book at the County Courthouse located in Lander Co., NV in Volume 1 on Page 111"
    This ties in perfectly with Fraincis stating - in AQpril 1911 - he had been married 25 years.

My grateful thanks.

Colin

The census that SueNSW found does indeed show Joseph and Louise MOSS. Joseph was a teamster. There are several public trees on Ancestry which list the children of Joseph MOSS and Louise WARDLE and seem to indicate that Harriet was born in Austin in 1864.
    Sue Mackay

Colin Rowledge

My thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I can confirm through my contact with a tree owner on A. that this is the right family.

We [she and I] have 2 questions:

The 1st one is:
    When did the family return to England?

Neither of us can find an appropriate return to blighty for Mr. & Mrs. Kneebone and their 2 children. There shouldn't have been that many Kneebone families on the high seas between 1889 and 1891 coming back from the U.S.

Colin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12