bmmdonald

Default The Hope Inn Wisbech

Can anyone tell me the years this Inn was run by George F Batram

Coromandel

You might want to contact our forum member Peter Nicholl who asked about the Hope Inn in this earlier thread.

malcolm99

There's a mention of the George & Elizabeth Bartram on this discussion page>
    https://www.
    rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,243837.10.html

The previous page has a photo of the pub.
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 13-03-2012 at 9:04 PM. Reason: Edited direct link as the website contains advertising

malcolm99

Licensing records may be available at the Wisbech & Fenland Museum as they have the Local Government records for the Wisbech Councils.

Their contact details are:
    https://www.
    wisbechmuseum.org.uk/collections_archives.htm

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

My Great Aunt was Elizabeth Betsy Bartram, nee Stiles, George's wife. Her Sister, Charlotte was my paternal grand Mother. One source said that they had moved from Wisbech before the end of WW2. They moved to Kings Lynn and the widowed Betsy died at 3 Cresswell Street, Kings Lynn on 5 May 1953. George had died in Kings Lynn in 1947.
    Peter
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

bmmdonald

Elizabeth Betsy was my Grandmother and George Frederick my Grandfather. Your address as to where they moved to is correct. Curious about the years at the Hope as my sister also served behind the bar. At the moment pursuing the Bartram side although first spotted info on your website which prompted me again and it has given me a few more details
    Tnx for replying

Jan1954

Rather than having 2 threads running about the same people and place, I am closing this thread.

The original thread can be found by clicking here.