Happyfeet

Default John Clark`s Birth

I`m trying to find some official source information on my grand uncle John Clark Born 1859 in Quebec, Canada.
    Found him on a Canada East Census 1861 with his parents Henry & Catherine, but cant find his actual birth.

Colin
    Last edited by Happyfeet; 07-03-2012 at 2:26 PM. Reason: Forgot his parents

Jan1954

Hello Colin,

Just to let you know that I have moved your query over to the Canada forum so that it is noticed by the Canadian experts.

Meanwhile, do you have the census reference for 1861? Where does it say that Henry and Catherine were from? How old were they? Were there any other siblings for John?

Happyfeet

It doesn`t actually say where they were living. I think it was some kind of army camp, because he was attached to the Royal Canadian Rifles at the time.
    Henry was 44 and Catherine was 26

BeeJay

Quote Originally Posted by Happyfeet View Post
    It doesn`t actually say where they were living. I think it was some kind of army camp, because he was attached to the Royal Canadian Rifles at the time.
    Henry was 44 and Catherine was 26
    John was bap. in 1859 in the Garrison Church in Quebec. I can email you the record if you pm me your email address. It lists date of birth, Catherine's maiden name, etc.