Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries Jonesy's Avatar

Default Info on death certificate

I have a copy of a death certificate for Ruby Rivolta, who died 12 Jan 1947.

Her occupation is described as "wife of Henry Albert Wills, a gardener (jobbing)".

Can anyone offer advice as to whether this might suggest Henry Albert Wills was still alive at this point? The death was informed by Ruby's daughter, by the way. I'm assuming if he had already passed away, she would have been described as "Widow of..."?

I have been unable as yet to find a record of Henry's death. He was born 1880 in Wandsworth, so would have been around 67 at this time, assuming he was still alive.

Coromandel

You would indeed expect it to say 'Widow of...' on Ruby's death certificate if Henry had died before Ruby. Since the informant was Ruby's daughter you might expect her to have known whether or not Henry was still alive, although of course one could imagine various scenarios where she might not have known.

Did Ruby die at home? If so, you could try looking at that address in street directories, electoral rolls, etc., to see if her husband is still listed there later. You could also try looking for a burial for Ruby, then checking whether Henry is buried in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    Did Ruby die at home? If so, you could try looking at that address in street directories, electoral rolls, etc., to see if her husband is still listed there later. You could also try looking for a burial for Ruby, then checking whether Henry is buried in the same place.
    No she died at 53 Park Farm Road, Bromley, which I believe was a Hospice at the time.

I've just tried a FreeREG search, but have nothing as yet for either Ruby or Henry.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    I have been unable as yet to find a record of Henry's death. He was born 1880 in Wandsworth, so would have been around 67 at this time, assuming he was still alive.
    Could this be a possibility ...

Name: Henry A Wills
    Death: Islington, Mar Qtr 1963
    5C 1536

No she died at 53 Park Farm Road, Bromley, which I believe was a Hospice at the time.

I've just tried a FreeREG search, but have nothing as yet for either Ruby or Henry.
    Confused now, thought you had her death cert, is this another Ruby - ie. their daughter?

Sorry olliecat, I meant I have not found a burial for Ruby (wife) or Henry (husband). Yes I have a copy of her death certificate.

Back to your suggestion - that's a great find! One of their daughters (Violet Delahunty) was cremated in Islington, so the suggested Henry A Wills seems likely. Thank you!
    Last edited by Jonesy; 27-02-2011 at 3:49 PM. Reason: formatting

Out of interest, olliecat, where did you find that information?

Brick wall demolition expert!

Have a look on Anc.

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    Could this be a possibility ...

Name: Henry A Wills
    Death: Islington, Mar Qtr 1963
    5C 1536
    I want to order a copy of the death certificate for the above, but I don't know the Volume number of Page number.

Would someone be good enough to tell me this information, please?

malcolm99

but I don't know the Volume number of Page number.
    I've just double-checked the entry and the vol no. is 5C & the page no. is 1536.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm99 View Post
    I've just double-checked the entry and the vol no. is 5C & the page no. is 1536.
    Oh dear. I know olliecat already gave that information, but I read it was "SC"

I really need some glasses. Thank you both olliecat and malcolm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast