Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    dragonfly1

Smile

Thank you for the info on Samuel Baker. every bit helps -thanks BrianRM.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I know that Samuel Baker was married in Avening and had children born/baptised in various locations, but I have not been able to find where he was born or his parentage.

I wondered whether anyone has seen his death certificate and whether it throws any light on his origins?

dragonfly1

Hello BrianRM, Samuel Baker death cert doesn't give any clues at all, even the cause of death is listed as "óld age ". His daughter Harriett is my great grandmother.

minack

Default Finally the grave

Hi all,

Just to finish this thread off here is the photo of the grave site passed on to me today by David Nicholson.

Regards Minack

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Pride so goes before a fall!
    It had been annoying me for some time that the link I posted in post #47 didn't work, and after seeing Minack's latest photo of Fanny's grave I was determined to find the correct link. Which I did, so started to correct the original link, thought better of it, so tried to undo it everything - but managed to leave the new (and hopefully unlikely-to-be-altered-again) link in the post.
    The reason I wanted the link to work was because it showed a photo of how Fanny's grave was, as well as a couple of other graves on Deal Island. One of them with a story almost as sad as Fanny's.

Thank you, Minack, for the latest photo.

Pam

dragonfly1

Thank You Minack. The photo of Fannys grave is truly appreciated It is a lovely thing that you have done finding Fanny and God bless the Davidsons.

dragonfly1

Sorry I meant Thanks to David Nicholson.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678