Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Hugh Thompson

You're more than welcome Dragonfly 1, we all love a mystery and I know none of us would have been happy if we had'nt solved this one.
    Hugh.

minack

Dear Dragonfly 1

I am so pleased that this little girl has found her family and who may be able to visit in the not too distant future. The Island is national park and is quite difficult to get to as there are no regular transport runs apart from the resupply and change over of the caretakers. If you contact Parks and Wildlife Tasmania (Prospect)- Wayne Dick may be able to assist with details of how best to arrange a visit, they also have a page Tasmania Parks and Wildlife on the dreaded facebook There is a small museum on Deal Island where details of the grave have been displayed. Volunteers regularly maintain the grave.

Best wishes

minack

Regards minack

dragonfly1

Thank you Minack. I will keep the information about parks and hope something can be arranged. And sorry Jane but I live in Queensland, the Woollaston family still live in Tamworth area, but I am from Harriett Baker side.Her married name was Whitton,and they lived at Jennings nsw and qld border.So most of Whitton went to Queensland. Ilove it when Ifind them,and Ialways leave flowers on their graves just to say they are not forgotten.,and their stories can be given to future generations,as we all have a story. Thank you again.

dragonfly1

And I hope to one day see what is written in museum about this little blossom.

Famous for offering help & advice

This would make a great article for a genealogy magazine or even a true to life movie... An amazing story which I was following...

Sue

spison

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y View Post
    This would make a great article for a genealogy magazine or even a true to life movie... An amazing story which I was following...

Sue
    Great story isn't it Sue!? Because this is my local area I may consider doing just this! Thanks for your location information dragonfly1. (Too far for a coffee then!)

Jane

Hugh Thompson

Just a postscript for you.
    The Barque Lima, 349 tons, Master YULE, Sailed from London the 27,th June 1849, arrived Port Jackson, the 17th October 1849
    what looks like a full passenger list for the three ships of Dr Langs scheme the "Chaseley", "Fortitude" and "Lima" and some of the events on their arrival are in an article in the Brisbane Courier, Saturday the 21th of July 1928, page 21, courtesy of The National Library of Australia Trove website. see address below.
    Hugh.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/21309139

spison

An excellent find Hugh! And the article had very useful comments attached too!
    Jane

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

dragonfly1
    Just came across the thread re Fanny Baker buried on "Deal Island".
    I would like to make contact with you regards Fanny Baker and her family. I am a direct descendant of Samuel and Harriet Baker (3rd great grandparents) and may have some more information for you. I am one of the Woolaston's living in Tamworth NSW. My GG Grandmother is Mary Ann Woolaston, Fanny Baker's older sister.
    Regards
    Denis Woolaston
    (dennisDOTwoolastonATbigpond.com)
    Last edited by christanel; 06-05-2014 at 9:38 PM. Reason: email disguised to deter spam. ph no deleted

A fountain of knowledge

Denis it would be wise to remove your email and phone number from your post for your own security as these can be seen and read world wide.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast