Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    genigal

Default Tuck in Camberwell

Seeking information about Richard Clark Tuck (m. Mary Ann Mondet), and Robert Clark Tuck, both of Camberwell. Richard born about 1780, Robert may be his father or sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by genigal View Post
    Seeking information about Richard Clark Tuck (m. Mary Ann Mondet), and Robert Clark Tuck, both of Camberwell. Richard born about 1780, Robert may be his father or sibling.
    Hi genigal, was Mary Ann Mondet his 2nd wife, when did they marry? I ask as there is this marriage.

Richard Clark Tuck to Mary Cook Touchet, 17 Feb 1800, Lambeth St Mary, Robert Clark Tuck was a witness

Found the other marriage now, and yes he was a widower when he married Marianne Mondet 6th Feb 1811.

genigal

Yes, you have found the correct two marriages. Note the witness on Richard's first marriage, to Mary Touchet, is Robert Clark Tuck. Those are the two men I am seeking.

Several of the baptisms of Richard Clark Tuck's children occur at St. Mary Newington as well a marriages. The family also can be found in St. Mary at Lambeth.

genigal

Additional Notes: Richard Clark Tuck always signed his name as either Richard Clark Tuck or Richard C. Tuck. He left England for British North America in 1833. I have no information on Robert Clark Tuck other than his witness of the Tuck-Touchet marriage in 1800.

Possibly belonging to the same family

Susanna Clark Tuck
    Baptised:21 Sep 1807
    St Leonard, Shoreditch
    Borough:Hackney
    Parent(s): William Tuck, Elizabeth Tuck
    Register Type: Bishop's Transcript

janbooth

Have you found Richard's death record at all as that may give more information than we have on our English death records.

Janet

It may be a red herring, but Ancestry has London Land Tax Records which show a Robt. Tuck, and the landowner is a Thos. Clarke. I know in the Scottish Highlands children were often given the middle name of the local landowner or vicar as a mark of respect. Could this have been the case here?
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    It may be a red herring, but Ancestry has London Land Tax Records which show a Robt. Tuck, and the landowner is a Thos. Clarke. I know in the Scottish Highlands children were often given the middle name of the local landowner or vicar as a mark of respect. Could this have been the case here?
    There is also a marriage in Marylebone on 15 October 1801 of Robert Tuck, widower, to Susanna Clarke, spinster

ETA His will is amongst the PCC Wills on Ancestry, proved 1813!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

genigal

Yes, this is the man. As noted, his first wife was Mary Cook Touchet. The marriage produced four children. His second marriage, to Mary Ann Mondet, produced another seven (one stillborn). I seek his baptism and parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Hi genigal, was Mary Ann Mondet his 2nd wife, when did they marry? I ask as there is this marriage.

Richard Clark Tuck to Mary Cook Touchet, 17 Feb 1800, Lambeth St Mary, Robert Clark Tuck was a witness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast