Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liz Coombes

Default BODEN / BOWDEN / FITZPATRICK

Hi I am looking for the above,2 Fitzpatrick sisters married 2 Boden / Bowden brothers and emigrated to Australia, Adelaide we think.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Do you have any years for their arrival Liz?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Liz Coombes

Hi

We believe it was the early 1920's, just not sure if they married prior to emigrating or when they arrived. The sisters were Teresa and Kathleen Fitzpatrick, we don't know the brothers first names. We do know that Teresa had 3 children, Kevin, Patrick and Desmond, one of the children (kevin we think drowned when he was 8).

Any help much appreciated.

Regards
    Liz

Coromandel

Hello Liz and welcome to the forum

I see from this Ancestry thread (posts of 21 Nov. 2011 onwards) that the sisters were Irish:

https://
    boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?o=110&m=2694.57.2&p=localities.oceania .australia.sa.general

Have you located them on the Irish 1901/1911 census? Also, have you been able to follow up any of the possible leads given in that thread? For example, there's a newspaper announcement of the drowning of a Patrick Bowden, aged 11, in 1939. Confusingly, though, the corresponding death registration seems to be for a Timothy James Bowden.

birdlip

Hi Liz,

there is a report in the Adelaide Advertiser 13 Jan 1939 of a Patrick BOWDEN, age 11, drowning in a tank at Kingoonya. It's on the NLA Australian newspapers site.

Liz Coombes

Hi There

Yes I did manage to find the details for a Patrick Bowden, but could not find anything out regarding where he may be buried, or any further details on the family.
    Regards
    Liz

Liz Coombes

Hi There

I think the details are most likely what I put on there, I found the sisters on the census, but have got no further.

Regards
    Liz

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Outsmarted myself here, in that discs I had for S.A. BMDS no longer work on this windows 7 getup.
    did see a travel doc for a Mrs T.Bowden on 24 th May 1929 from London with Master D.Bowen 8, K.Bowen 5 & master T.Bowen 2 on the Ormonde
    Mrs T. Howeveer was from Balleytore in Co.Kildare so probably not yours. Ah, jusr re-read Coramandels bit re Irish sisters.

Does anyone know how to use discs made for XP on windows 7 without rebuying the lot? no I don't know why this is so but they won't load on this new computer.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Does anyone know how to use discs made for XP on windows 7 without rebuying the lot? no I don't know why this is so but they won't load on this new computer.
    Had the same problem using Windows 7 Home. You need Windows 7 Professional which has the ability to run Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC. See here for information.

https://www.
    microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/faq.aspx

You can upgrade from Home to Professional but it is around $200AU. You might be able to get an OEM version of Windows Professional from the people you purchased the computer from or the upgrade for less than that though.

If you upgrade you do not need to reinstall your programs. If you buy the OEM version you need to do a clean install so all your programs etc then need to be reinstalled.

Procat

Unable to find the marriages in South Australia for the 1917 - 1937 indexes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast