I'm trying to trace one of my husbands Gt Uncles who ended up in Australia, but not by any conventional method!

He was born Bernard James L Palmer in 1904 in Stamford Lincolnshire to Ernest Palmer and Henrietta Clark. Like his two older brothers he joined the Royal Navy (date unknown), but unlike his siblings he didn't take to the life at all. He jumped ship in Canada, was found and court martialled. He then jumped ship again in America, but again was found and court martialled. He jumped ship for the final time in Australia, they never caught him and he never returned to England.

I know he married and had a family, as after a number of years, he wrote to his brother Roland, my husbands Grandfather. He also started a tv sales and repair business and apparently did quite well with it. Roland Palmer died in December of 1978, and either the following summer or the summer of 1980, Roland's widow, son and DIL went to Australia to visit Bernard and his family. Unfortunately I don't have any info on where they went.

So, I don't have any names, dates or locations for him! I'm currently reading Procat's info regarding BMD's in Australia and I see some of the territories are searchable. I don't expect to find a death cert for him as I'm pretty sure he died after 1981, but I'm going to look for any marriage info.

In the meantime, over to you!! Any help or even just your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brenda