genie12

Default Unable to Find Ethel Yelland

Ethel Yelland nee Beare was born in Cornwall,England in 1888 and she emigrated to the USA where she married Thomas Henry Yelland and they had 2 children named Roy and Verna.
    Ethel and Thomas divorced and Ethel was living in Houston,Texas in October 1917 and then Galveston,Texas. (Thomas Yelland was living in Arizona) She doesn't appear in the 1920 census and I wonder if she remarried.
    I have a photograph of Ethel with a group of people but I have no idea who they are.( Ethel was last seen in Philadelphia in 1941.) There isn't any information on the back of the photograph to say who they are.
    I have been unable to find a marriage for Ethel and I hoping that perhaps someone will have better luck than me. I have left messages about Ethel on other boards but I haven't had any luck.

Colin Rowledge

I presume you have the family in 1910 when Ethel, Thomas, Roy and Verna were living in Rockland, Ontonagon, Michigan and had arrived there about 1904 as their 1st child was born in Michigan in 1905.

There is a Roy Yelland, born 1905 in Michigan showing up in the 1930 censu - married to Hanora for under a year and is a truck driver. They are living in Bisbee, Cochise Co. Arizona. A possible death for Roy was in Pima, Arizona on March 24, 1988.

That is all I have found so far.

genie12

Thanks for that. I have the family in 1910
    Ethel is the only one that I have trouble finding.She disappears after her divorce.