Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Famous for offering help & advice

I see you have a previous thread on the two Louies here. So I see you have them both tracked to a point.

Regarding the Louie age 15, with father James age 46, in 1901, and sisters Emily 13 and Catherine 11..
    I think I have found their baptisms at St. Wilfrid RC church, Hulme. Names in Latin.
    Father: Jacobi MCDONALD Mother: Emmae PRICE of: 26 John St;
    baptised on 25 July 1891: MCDONALD Amilia, (Emily) Born 8 Dec 1887; MCDONALD Catharina, Born 1 Dec 1889; MCDONALD Anna, Born 26 May 1891 (she seems to have died Dec 1891)

The following seems to be the "Louie", ties in with the birth reg. in Hulme in 1886.
    Baptised: 15 Feb 1887, Born 15 Feb 1886
    MCDONNELL Catharina Ludovica (Catherine Louisa)
    Father: Jacobi Patritii MCDONNELL Mother: Emmae PRICE of: 24 Crown St, note James Patrick here. MCDonnell is often used in RC registers for McDonald
    These ages match the ones in the 1901 census. Then the fun starts.

In the address of 26 John st, given in 1891 baptisms is the following family, surname given as DONALD
    Names fit but ages way off: RG12/3190/115/44
    Patrick M. DONALD, age 58, Fitters Labourer, born Ireland
    Emma, age 30, born Chester; Daughters Louie, age 12, transcribed as Louis, but looks like louie; Emily age 8, Katie age 5
    So did the enumerator have problems reading the ages?
    There is also a Louisa MCDONALD age 5 found with her grandmother Ann PRICE. So could have been listed twice. So a bit of a mess!
    Emmelina PRICE married a James MCDONALD in 1884.
    Hopefully when you receive the service records it will give you a lead one way or the other. Let us know.

TreeChaser

Thats alot of food for thought!" Thanks Mona I will let you know.

TreeChaser

Hi Everyone,

I think I've found Louie and her family.... there is a Louisa Mcdonald born in Hulme 1886, who is then living with her grandmother and supposed father John R Price.
    However I had a deeper look into the Prices in 1881 John R Price had a sister named Emma (Emmelina Emma) who married a James Mcdonald in 1884 Hulme.
    Could it be possible that Louisa had been left with family as a child? And why would they name her uncle as her father??
    I also loose the rest of the Mcdonald family in the 1891 census but then find them again in 1901 with James being a widow with his 3 girls. I have also found a death for a Emma Mcdonald in 1900 Hulme/Chorlton.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123