Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coromandel

The Weaver/Tromans connection (see posts 13 and 16) is confirmed by the 1891 census, which finds Maria Weaver (married) and three children with her parents (Tromans) in Rowley Regis. See post by 'mallosa' on 12 January 2009, 1.02 a.m., in this thread from another forum:

https://www.
    genealogyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=943

Perhaps her husband had already gone to the USA, and she followed later with the children?

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    In 1911 there's a Job Weaver, Chain Maker. aged 54, b. Cradley Heath, Staffs who was living in the home of James Tibbetts and his wife, Maria. Job is described as brother-in-law and although married there is no sign of a Mrs Weaver.

RG14/17371/SN202 Crown Copyright TNA
    This may muddy the waters, but I found the following on the Ellis Island website:

Job Weaver of Cradley Heath entered the US on 24th November 1900, aged 40, married (but no wife accompanying him), and travelled on the Campania. He is recorded as being a US Citizen and I know that the age is slightly out, but could it be the same chap?

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    There's a Job Weaver, chainmaker (born in England), in Lebanon, Pennsylvania in 1900. See household 9 here. He gives a birthdate of September 1856, and immigration date of 1891. He and his wife Maria (also born England) say they've been married 16 years and have had eight children, only four of them still alive. All four are with them, the older two (Ada, 15, and Walter, 10) born in England and the younger ones (Mary E, 7, and Arnold, 2(?)) in Pennsylvania.
    Following on from this, there is a record of a Maria Weaver entering New York on 3rd October 1920, aged 57 years and 10 months from the ship Kaiserin Auguste Victoria, which sailed from Liverpool on 25th September. It also records that she was naturalised on 2nd June 1896 in Lebanon, Pensylvania and her address in the US is Fieldsborough, NJ, Burlington Co.

Seems like they were no strangers to going to and fro across the pond!

wbrod

Hi notanotherminer,
    Thank you for sending all the info and also the past thread from "sassaman" who appears to be a cousin. Is there any way to get me his email so I can contact him. Again, thank you for your work.
    Walt Brod

wbrod

Thank you for the reply.

Coromandel

Lightbulb

I think I see what's going on . . . somewhere above I mentioned a thread on another forum (the Genealogy Forum UK) . . . and going back to it now I see that the thread was started by a member called sassaman. Walt will need to join that forum in order to contact sassaman. Unfortunately he or she hasn't posted since 2009, so it is possible they're no longer a member.

Coromandel

tomorrow

Default Job Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by wbrod View Post
    Hi Daft & notanotherminer,
    I did not expect to get a qualified reply so quickly, my compliments to you both! This is very exciting
    wbrod
    wbrod - I came across your post from 2012 about Job Weaver. Job would be my Great, Great Grandfather. Maria, Job's wife did end up in Fieldsboro, NJ and she remained there. Walter Weaver (Job & Maria son - my great grandfather) married & lived in Fieldsboro and Maria lived with them. My mother spent years trying to find out what happen to Job. The family moved from Lebanon, PA to Fieldsboro & Job just seemed to disappear. It was about a year after my Mother passed away that I came across information that led me back to him. My grandfather was Edward Weaver (Walter & Anna son)

I do have Job's death certificate - he passed away in the workhouse in Aug of 1913.

wbrod

Hi tomorrow,
    Just saw your reply. My grandmother Ada was your grandfather's sister. I have been to the house in Fieldsboro as a boy. Let's talk I would like to get more info.
    . Walt Brod
    Last edited by christanel; 18-04-2014 at 9:48 PM. Reason: cell phone number removed

Hello tomorrow and Walt

to get in touch and exchange email addresses and phone numbers please use the private message system.
    Click on the user name and in the drop down menu click on private message.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12