Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    wbrod

Default Great Grandfather Dudley Staffordshire

Job Weaver
    Trying to track down the above relative, my grandmother said he was in the 1st Boer War, then emigrated to US to make steel chain for the Panama Canal. He returned to Staffordshire where he died - don't know what year.
    Last edited by wbrod; 21-02-2012 at 6:55 PM. Reason: forgot to include the name

Jan1954

Hello wbrod - welcome to Brit-Gen,

There is a death registered for a Job Weaver at the age of 56 in the Dudley Registration district in the September quarter of 1913, volume 6b, page 1064. This would make him about 23 or 24 in the first Boer War, which was 1880/1881.

Could this be your chap?

wbrod

Hi Daft,
    This what I currently know:
    Job Weaver
    Birth: Jul 1856 - Dudley, Staffordshire, Worcestershire

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by wbrod View Post
    Hi Daft,
    This what I currently know:
    Job Weaver
    Birth: Jul 1856 - Dudley, Staffordshire, Worcestershire
    The reference for the certificate is:
    September quarter 1856, Dudley registration district, volume 6c, page 16. Obtain this, and it will name his parents and confirm that the 1861 census information that Graham has found for you is correct.

wbrod

Default Looks like you hit it on the head

Hi Daft & notanotherminer,
    I did not expect to get a qualified reply so quickly, my compliments to you both! This is very exciting
    wbrod

tomorrow

Default Job Weaver

I did not expect to get a qualified reply so quickly, my compliments to you both! This is very exciting
    wbrod
    wbrod - I came across your post from 2012 about Job Weaver. Job would be my Great, Great Grandfather. Maria, Job's wife did end up in Fieldsboro, NJ and she remained there. Walter Weaver (Job & Maria son - my great grandfather) married & lived in Fieldsboro and Maria lived with them. My mother spent years trying to find out what happen to Job. The family moved from Lebanon, PA to Fieldsboro & Job just seemed to disappear. It was about a year after my Mother passed away that I came across information that led me back to him. My grandfather was Edward Weaver (Walter & Anna son)

I do have Job's death certificate - he passed away in the workhouse in Aug of 1913.

wbrod

Hi tomorrow,
    Just saw your reply. My grandmother Ada was your grandfather's sister. I have been to the house in Fieldsboro as a boy. Let's talk I would like to get more info.
    . Walt Brod
    Last edited by christanel; 18-04-2014 at 9:48 PM. Reason: cell phone number removed

Hello tomorrow and Walt

to get in touch and exchange email addresses and phone numbers please use the private message system.
    Click on the user name and in the drop down menu click on private message.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Jan1954

Hi Daft,
    Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    Pardon!
    You should know by now, Graham, that I answer to most things!

wbrod
    You really need to lay your hands on copies of certificates. If you are not sure how to do this, just ask.

Coromandel

There's a Job Weaver, chainmaker (born in England), in Lebanon, Pennsylvania in 1900. See household 9 here. He gives a birthdate of September 1856, and immigration date of 1891. He and his wife Maria (also born England) say they've been married 16 years and have had eight children, only four of them still alive. All four are with them, the older two (Ada, 15, and Walter, 10) born in England and the younger ones (Mary E, 7, and Arnold, 2(?)) in Pennsylvania.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast