vaiolyn

Default Wilson, Huddleston - Lancashire

I'm researching the Wilsons and Huddlestons from Lancashire - Flookborough, Barrow, Dalton, Ulverston areas. Grt grandfather was Christopher "Kit" Wilson, b. 11 Dec 1835, a successful horse breeder - owned butcher shops and bred horses in Barrow area, but lost all when his wife, Alice Ann Gibson died in childbirth with the 9th child, and he took to drink. The children - 8 boys and 1 girl, were scattered and only a few kept in touch. My other grt grandfather was David Jackson Huddleston, b. 19 June 1863, in Barrow-in-Furness, m. Mary Whittaker, 10 children, most with middle names Jackson, but I can't find a Jackson forebear. I have info on about 1/2 of these families, and scant info on the forebears. I find lovely websites about the Christopher "Kit" Wilson who developed the Turf Pony and his grandson, Christopher Wyndam Wilson of Rigmaden, Kirkby Lonsdale who also bred Fell Ponies, and seems to have been a successful estate owner. I have nothing to connect either to my Christopher. Hoping that someone may read this and be connected……

Ken_R

I presume you have seen the entries on LancsOPC for ? Jackson Huddleston.

Baptisms: 28 Mar 1858 St Mary, Dalton in Furness, Lancashire, England
    Elisabeth Jackson Huddlestone - Daughter of Thos. Huddlestone & Mary Ann, ~÷
    Born: 19 Jan 1856
    Source: LDS Film 1040305

Baptisms: 28 Mar 1858 St Mary, Dalton in Furness, Lancashire, England
    Richard Jackson Huddleston - Son of Thos. Huddleston & Mary Ann
    Abode: Barrow

Baptisms: 19 Jun 1859 St Mary, Dalton in Furness, Lancashire, England
    David Jackson Huddleston - Son of Thomas Huddleston & Mary Ann
    Abode: Barrow

Baptisms: 7 Dec 1861 St Matthew, Dendron, Lancashire, England
    Joseph Jackson Huddleston - Son of Thomas Huddleston & Mary Ann
    Abode: Gleaston
    Source: LDS Film 1040490
    David Jackson Huddleston appears to have a different Birth year to that stated by yourself. Is this the same family?

vaiolyn

Thanks Ken! Yes, this is the same family. I changed his birth date and forgot to update my posting. I appreciate your help.